DescriptionBoom Blox is a action puzzle game developed in conjunction with Steven Spielberg. The objective of Boom Blox is to keep a structure made of blocks from being knocked down or to knock over a structure using the Wii Remote to throw, shoot or grab colorful character-based blocks through 300 levels through five worlds.
The game utilizes a realistic physics-based system. Depending on how a projectile is thrown and at what angle, the blocks will react accordingly, and collapse based on the real-time action.
The game's modes are as follows:
- Adventure: allows players to go through 300 character based scenarios through 5 unique worlds. The player must face time limits and a set number of projectiles to make it to the end of a level, and earn a medal.
- Explore: offers puzzle-based objectives that focus on different groups of skills.
- Party: there are also 100+ cooperative and competitive levels to play with up to four people. Players can build and destroy structures together for points to accumulate high scores.
- Create: players can post and play new levels online to people on their friends list via WiiConnect24 with a stage creator.
- "PQRS" -- working title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Game Shark||May 27, 2008||A-||91|
|TTGamer||May 16, 2008||9 out of 10||90|
|NintendoWorldReport||May 18, 2008||9 out of 10||90|
|Vandal Online||May 19, 2008||9 out of 10||90|
|Good Game||May 19, 2008||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Gamezoom||May 22, 2008||85 out of 100||85|
|Gamesmania||May 13, 2008||83 out of 100||83|
|GameCola.net||Aug, 2008||8.3 out of 10||83|
|Hooked Gamers||May 17, 2008||8 out of 10||80|
|GameSpot||May 07, 2008||7 out of 10||70|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Spielberg?||3||St. Martyne (3562)
Jul 13, 2008
Steven SpielbergSteven Spielberg signed a contract with EA for quite a few titles so he was pretty much obliged. He was already involved with Medal of Honor, but this was indeed the first one he pitched himself.
Boom Blox, which blends block-building and block-busting with memorable characters, was "the first idea that jumped into my head." He drew inspiration from his family — he has seven children, the youngest one 11 — and observes, "There is a continental divide in my own house between what I play and the kind of games my kids play."
"I wanted something that would bring the family together in the same room, standing shoulder to shoulder with four different controllers."
As a parent, he strictly monitors the games in his home. "There are games that are taboo. And I won't have them on the premises. I don't want my kids saying, 'How come Dad is playing that and we can't?' "
- GAME British Academy Video Games Awards
- 2009 – Casual Game Award
- 2008 – #2 Wii Game of the Year
- 2008 – Wii Puzzle Game of the Year