BWii: Battalion Wars 2 Ad Blurbs (Wii)
Advertising Blurbswww.nintendo.com – Wii:
- Take command with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk: Command and control everything from tanks and helicopter gunships to naval battleships and submarines, and deploy an array of different soldiers.
- Connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection to battle against other players all over the world, or join with friends to play co-operatively. Battalion Wars 2 features three multiplayer modes and 16 unique multiplayer levels. Battle head-to-head in the skirmish and assault modes or team up with another player in co-op mode.
- Tactics are everything: Players control every aspect of the battle as they command units, capture facilities and advance toward their primary objectives. When not actively commanding, players can take direct control of any soldier or vehicle in the field and leap into the fray.
- Combat rages on land, sea and air as players command six different armies through five theaters of war, each with its own unique commanding officers.
- Soldiers: Rifles; Machine Guns; Mortars; Bazookas; Flame-throwers; Anti-Air Missiles
- Ground Vehicles: Jeeps, Light Tanks, Heavy Tanks, Anti-Air Vehicles, Artillery, BattleStations
- Air Units: Helicopter Gunships; Jet Fighters; Heavy Bombers; Strato-Destroyers
- Naval Units: Submarines; Frigates; Battleships; Dreadnoughts
- Play specific levels or select a game type to get straight into the action.
- Players compete directly against friends and compare ratings with people on their Friends List.
- Unlock new maps and gain general stars by using superior tactics.
- Skirmish mode (points-focused head-to-head battle): An all-action game mode that pitches players against each other in a frenetic battle for points. Destroy the other player's units to win points. Larger units score higher points. Players capture facilities to add to their fighting forces and restrict their opponent's reinforcements. When the timer runs out, the player with the highest score wins.
- Assault mode (objectives-focused head-to-head battle): A fast-and-furious race against the clock that focuses on assaulting or defending a series of objectives. Destroy objectives and advance the front line. Launch an offensive and capture the enemy HQ in record time or hold the line against overwhelming odds.
- Co-op mode: Play side-by-side with friends. Join forces to complete gold and silver objectives and defeat the enemy together. Combine different armies to defeat the common enemy for the first time. Players use a simple, two-button communication system to coordinate their attacks.
Command the armies of the Solar Empire.Tricked into believing that the Solar Empire is developing a devastating super-weapon, Commander Pierce and Colonel Windsor of the Anglo Isles launch a pre-emptive strike. General Herman and Brigadier Betty of the Western Frontier are on garrison duty in the Solar Empire when the Anglos strike, and assist Empress Lei-Qo and Admiral A-Qira in repelling the invaders. But as the nations of the world, including the Tundran Territories, are once again propelled into all-out conflict, it becomes clear that a shadowy figure is pulling the strings from afar. Can it be that the power-hungry Kaiser Vlad of Xylvania has returned? And what does this have to do with the centuries-old conflict between the Iron Legion and the Solar Empire?
Battalion Wars 2 features 20 single-player missions. With three timelines, three new theatres of war, a new faction, new units and vehicle types and greater mission variety, Battalion Wars 2 offers truly spectacular entertainment. Player performance is graded at the end of each mission, and players can replay missions to gain high ranks in speed, power and technique and unlock artwork, hi-res cinematics and detailed unit description dossiers. Play online to unlock new MP missions. Players survey the situation, formulate a plan and order their battalion to attack. Use tactics over brute force to figure out the best approach. Players can issue commands or jump into the battle and take control of any weapon or vehicle at any time. Battalion Wars 2 provides the player with the ability to control a variety of mechanized vehicles and infantry types:
The unique abilities of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk mean that Battalion Wars 2 provides an intuitive game-play control experience. Use the Nunchuk to move, the Wii Remote to aim and shoot, and the A Button to issue context-sensitive commands to the battalion. The Wii Remote speaker does a fantastic job immersing the player into the experience as it plays a variety of weapon sounds, warnings and notification effects
Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
Connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection with the click of a button and use Battalion Wars 2's simple matching system to choose from one of three online game types and 16 multiplayer maps.
- How does this game use Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection?
Wage war against other players on the ground, in the air and by sea through WFC. Lead troops through one of three online multiplayers modes: Assault, Skirmish and Co-op.
Contributed by gamewarrior (5108) on Sep 14, 2008.