Donkey Kong Country Returns Ad Blurbs (Wii)
Advertising Blurbswww.nintendo.com - Wii (US):
- Over 70 levels of banana-hoarding fun await
- Enjoy 2-player cooperative play with a buddy
Donkey Kong™ is making a triumphant return, along with his trusted sidekick Diddy Kong™, in a brand new side-scrolling platform game from Retro Studios. Donkey Kong Country Returns, for the Wii system, has all new levels and all new chest-pounding challenges for players of all ages. The game takes inspiration from the original Super NES series, from barrel blasts to mine carts and then builds upon it by adding stunning graphics and new layers of depth to the world and game play. Donkey Kong Country Returns features the first ever simultaneous cooperative game play mode for the series allowing both novice and skilled players to actively play and experience the game together. Run, jump, climb and defeat enemies through diverse environments until you retrieve Donkey Kong's stolen banana hoard!
- Feel the power of Donkey Kong by shaking the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to perform Ground Pounds, Barrel Rolls. These moves can be used to destroy blocks, defeat enemies and reveal hidden areas. Donkey Kong also has the new ability to climb walls and ceilings.
- Diddy Kong has a few new tricks of his own. He can use his Barrel Jet to hover high above the ground or defy gravity and fly across small chasms. He can also help Donkey Kong with this ability by hopping on to Donkey Kong's back. In two player mode, a quick shake of the Wii Remote will give him the ability to fire his Peanut Popgun to assist Donkey Kong.
- The levels in Donkey Kong Country Returns are beautifully rendered and creatively designed with lots of hidden items to discover. Try to collect all of K-O-N-G Letters and hidden Puzzle Pieces in each level to unlock something special.
- In cooperative mode, players of different skill levels can play through the game together.
Contributed by Michael Cassidy (20702) on Dec 10, 2012.
Release Date: Nov 21, 2010
No. of Players: 2 players simultaneous
Developer: Retro Studios
It's on like Donkey Kong™!
A New Country for Old Friends
- Retro Studios faithfully restores everything that made the original series great, from barrel cannons to mine carts, and then builds on those elements with stunning graphics and new layers of depth to the world and game play. The game offers the traditional side-scrolling experience everyone loved, but with levels created in fully rendered, layered environments.
- Diddy Kong joins the quest. With his trusty backpack, he can produce a jet pack or Peanut Pop Guns to give Donkey Kong more abilities.
- For the first time ever, the franchise features the ability for two people to play together at the same time – one as Donkey Kong, one as Diddy Kong. Players can navigate the levels separately or as one unit. Diddy Kong can ride on Donkey Kong’s back and hop off whenever he pleases, allowing novice players to ride on Donkey Kong’s back through more challenging areas of the game.
- Hidden items, puzzle pieces and other surprises are found all through the jungle. Spell out K-O-N-G by the end of each level to earn an extra bonus.
- Motion controls give players a real feeling of control. Players move Donkey Kong using the Control Stick on the Nunchuk controller and can shake the Wii Remote controller to make Donkey Kong slap the ground.
- Vibrant colors, beautiful graphics and fun characters draw players in. Even people who have never played a Donkey Kong game before can pick up a controller and start collecting loads of bananas.
- Every level offers new fun and new challenges. Sometimes Donkey Kong is running through the jungle, sometimes his action takes place on a tropical beach and other times he must become a master of timing as he jumps chasms in a mine cart.
Controlled by a group of evil Tikis, the animals in Donkey Kong Island have raided Donkey Kong’s Banana Hoard and stolen his stash of bananas – and he understandably wants them back. Retro Studios brings Donkey Kong back in a new side-scrolling adventure with familiar characters and new levels that reignite the passion players had for the Super NES original.
Contributed by Kartanym (12782) on Jan 14, 2011.