DescriptionThe followup to Ecco the Dolphin, in which Ecco successfully destroyed the Vortex. Unfortunately, it turns out that the Vortex Queen followed it to the Earth and eventually destroyed the Asterite. All the world's oceans are threatened, and actually already doomed.
In order to restore the Asterite and finally defeat the Vortex Queen, Ecco will have to confront once again the tides of time, which have split into two possible futures, the regular one and the dark one dominated by the Vortex Queen.
Ecco: The Tides of Time features even better graphics than its predecessor, and introduces a new gameplay mode in which the camera follows the dolphin from behind instead of from the side.
There are no Wii screenshots for this game.
There are 34 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "Ecco the Dolphin II" -- Japanese title
- "Ecco: Les marées du temps" -- French MegaDrive title
- "Ecco II: The Tides of Time" -- Genesis in-game title
- "エコー・ザ・ドルフィン2" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Nintendo Life||Jul 03, 2007||70|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Jul 07, 2007||6 out of 10||60|
|GameSpot||Sep 13, 2007||5.5 out of 10||55|
There are currently no topics for this game.
CoverThe cover art, entitled Ecco II, was painted by Boris Vallejo, who also contributed to the cover of Ecco the Dolphin, this game's predecessor.
SEGA CD VersionThe SEGA CD version features a CD-quality digital soundtrack different from the original cartridge game, and full-motion videos.
- 1994 (Vol. 3, Iss. 1) - Best Sega CD Action/Adventure Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- DARK SEA : The Ultimate Ecco the Dolphin Resource -- The best resource on the net for Ecco the Dolphin game information, multimedia, information on the games' development from the creators themselves, and full documentation of the Ecco 2: Tides of Time prototype version.
- Ecco 2 Alpha -- An interesting analysis of the Ecco 2 Alpha