DescriptionFatal Fury Special
is an improved version of SNK
's 2D one-on-one fighter Fatal Fury 2
. It's a conversion of the 1993 arcade game of the same name. The objective is still to win the tournament by defeating all other fighters including end boss Wolfgang Krauser. Fatal Fury Special
features a fairly large selection of fighters that includes:
- The eight regular fighters from Fatal Fury 2: Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, Joe Higashi, Kim Kaphwan, Jubei Yamada, Cheng Sinzan, Mai Shiranui and Big Bear.
- The four bosses from Fatal Fury 2: Billy Kane, Axel Hawk, Lawrence Blood and Wolfgang Krauser (this time they're all immediately playable).
- Three characters returning from the first Fatal Fury: Duck King, Tung Fu Rue and Geese Howard (the end boss from Fatal Fury).
Other improvements include:
Fatal Fury Special
- A new Count Down mode (defeat as many opponents as possible in 3 minutes).
- Extra color schemes for every character.
- New & improved background graphics.
- Dolby Surround Sound support.
still features the series' trademark pseudo-3D movement along two planes.
- "餓狼伝説SPECIAL" -- Japanese spelling
- "Garō Densetsu Special" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Wii release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
On some stages some of the game's other fighters appear in the background. Terry Bogard, Billy Kane and Mai Shiranui can be seen in the background on Andy Bogard's Venice stage, while Joe Higashi is visible on Big Bear's Australia stage.
Ryo Sakazaki, from Art of Fighting
, is a secret character in the SNES, Genesis, and Sega CD versions of the game. You can unlock him via a code, or if you're good enough, you can fight against him after you beat the game.
The Game Gear version had him as a normal character. You don't need a special code to unlock him.Information also contributed by