DescriptionIce Age 2: The Meltdown is loosely based on the movie of the same name. The game takes place in prehistory - you play as Scrat, the hapless (but not totally helpless!) proto-squirrel, helping your friends escape the coming of a huge flood.
The WASD keys move you forward and back, left and right, and the mouse controls camera movement and some actions. Scrat has a few special moves as well, such as sniff, his spin attack, a double jump, a ground stomp (useful for breaking ice) and a roll attack. Much of the game consists of hunting down acorns and other special nuts for health renewal or for unlocking bonuses. There are a few mini-games within the game - you can play as Sid, zipping along an ice slide while avoiding obstacles; there's also penguin-bowling and a mini-game where you "shoot" at monkeys to regain a walnut that was whisked out from under your nose.
There are no Wii user screenshots for this game.
There are 28 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Ледниковый период 2: Глобальное потепление" -- Russian spelling
- "L'Age De Glace 2" -- French title
- "Ice Age 2: Jetzt taut's" -- German title
- "Ice Age 2: Jäätikkö Sulaa" -- Finnish title
- "Ice Age 2: El Deshielo" -- Spanish title
- "Ice Age 2: Az Olvadás" -- Hungarian title
- "Epoka Lodowcowa 2: Odwilż" -- Polish title
- "Doba ledová 2: Obleva" -- Czech title
- "A Era do Gelo 2" -- Brazilian title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|IGN||Dec 11, 2006||7.5 out of 10||75|
|GameSpot||Dec 14, 2006||7 out of 10||70|
|Worth Playing||Jan 12, 2007||6.7 out of 10||67|
|4Players.de||Mar 13, 2007||65 out of 100||65|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Dec 22, 2006||12 out of 20||60|
|AceGamez||2006||6 out of 10||60|
|GameSpy||Jan 30, 2007||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Ice Age 2: The Meltdown (Official game website - US)
- Wikipedia: Ice Age 2: The Meltdown (Information about Ice Age 2: The Meltdown at Wikipedia)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.