DescriptionJust Dance is a dancing / exercise game for the Wii.
The game is for 1 - 4 players, each of whom must have a Wii remote to be able to play. The aim of the game is to dance in rhythm with the on screen dancer, matching their movements as closely as possible. The game provides two aids to help the player(s). The first are two small pictograms that appear low down in front of the dancer- these show the next move The second is a coloured trail that anticipates the dancers next move.
The game itself is simple and straightforward, select a track from the list of over 30 that are provided, and dance along following the actions displayed on screen. A vertical column on the screen shows each players total score and their performance on the current movement, bad, OK, or great. Scoring several 'greats' in a row triggers the awarding of bonus 'combo' points. The tracks can be played in any order and there are no 'secret' tracks to unlock.
There are two modes of play:
- Quick Play
Simply pick up the Wii remote, start the game, select a track and start dancing. Points are gained for performing the moves correctly.
In each challenge one player chooses the number of rounds in the challenge and then either picks a track or has the game select one at random. There are three challenges all of which are best suited for multiplayer mode, these are :
- Regular: in which the players follow the on-screen moves and just dance along. The players each gain points - as in Quick Play, and the player with the highest score wins the challenge.
- Strike a Pose: this is similar to the old party game of 'Statues'. all players dance along top the music but must stop dancing and remain perfectly still while an on-screen counter freezes. Dancing recommences when the counter starts. Players moving when they are not supposed to lose points.
- Last One Standing: each player has seven lives. In this challenge the players follow the on-screen dance moves and a life is lost for every wrong move that is made. Players are eliminated when all lives have been lost until only one remains.
There are no Wii screenshots for this game.
- "JD" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Retroage||Mar 19, 2011||8 out of 10||80|
|GameFocus||Jan 04, 2010||7.8 out of 10||78|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Jan 19, 2010||7 out of 10||70|
|videogamer.com||Jan 21, 2010||7 out of 10||70|
|NintendoWorldReport||Jan 09, 2010||6.5 out of 10||65|
|WiiDSFrance||Feb 20, 2010||5.5 out of 10||55|
|Common Sense Media||2009||40|
|Gamekult||Dec 03, 2009||4 out of 10||40|
|Spazio Games||Dec 15, 2009||4 out of 10||40|
|Play.tm||Mar 03, 2010||20 out of 100||20|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Just Dance (official website)
Main Gameplay Programmer: