The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

Written by  :  J.D. Majors (17)
Written on  :  Jul 15, 2009
Platform  :  Wii
Rating  :  4.29 Stars4.29 Stars4.29 Stars4.29 Stars4.29 Stars

read more reviews by J.D. Majors

Summary

One of the best games in the series.

The Good

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is one of the best games in the Zelda series. First of all, it can appeal to people who have been fans since the beginning, as well as newcomers. I also disagree with GameSpot about the Wii version's controls. While they are at times slow or unresponsive, I don't believe that they were "tacked on", as their reviewer put it. One thing I found funny was the shapes of some of the heads of animals. The monkeys look like someone shoved bananas through their ears and there is a bird with an Afro selling oil. Of course, Ganondorf/Ganon (one of the greatest villains in video game history) makes an appearance.

The Bad

Although I enjoyed this game overall, there are a few things I feel I must talk about. First of all, the controls were sometimes late or unresponsive, which led to much frustration (especially when trying to pick up bombs). Another thing I didn't really care for was the Midna character. More often than not, gameplay will be interrupted by a (mostly unhelpful) statement from her. Although she is sometimes helpful, she mostly appears to point out the obvious. One of my main complaints, though, is playing as wolf Link. This feels very crippling and, if you dislike Midna, you're going to be in for a long few levels because she feels it's necessary to ride you.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Twilight Princess is a very good game. It has it's flaws, but every good game is bound to have a few.