The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

Written by  :  Emmanuel Henne (26)
Written on  :  May 28, 2007
Platform  :  Wii
Rating  :  4.86 Stars4.86 Stars4.86 Stars4.86 Stars4.86 Stars

read more reviews by Emmanuel Henne

Summary

Amazingly entertaining

The Good

When I bought my Wii, I purchased TP with it, because every critic just raved about it. Wii is my first console, I was a strict PC gamer before, and just wanted something fresh, something I could plug and play, not another FPS.

TP is, for me, absolutely stunning, the only games on PC that touched me that way were games like Deus Ex, Outcast or classic graphic adventures. The very fascinating about TP is you can't play 20 minutes without having had quite a few encounters, events or items. Something is always happening, the world around you lives, and looks fabulous, too. It's such a fluent and immersive gameplay, it's hardly believable.

You advance through the story without effort, discover Hyrule and its places, deserts, dungeons, monsters, villages. You catch fish, You dive fro treasure, walk along walls and on ceilings, use the boomerang, the swords, the bow... The Wiimote controls are just fine for everything, from fishing to shooting to riding your horse Epona (and what a proud and beautiful horse it is), the soundtrack is heroic, and the difficulty not too harsh. A game you can easily get lost in, and one good reason to get Wii.

The Bad

The old console problem that when you save your game, you're not back where you saved when you reload, but at a spawn point on a level map. Textures could use a higher resolution.

The Bottom Line

One of the most amazing action adventures ever made. Likable characters, dense story and game flow, lovely visuals with huge landscapes, scary monsters, tricky, clever fights and enough reward to keep you playing for hours. And once you played it through, you have passed a time that you will definitely remember.