DescriptionIn a distant part of the universe, an alien creature called Zelos was born. As he grew so did his appetite, and soon he began devouring galaxies, planets, and stars by the hundreds. Now your planet has appeared in Zelos' path, and it is up to you and a partner to fly into battle to save your world.
Life Force is an action-packed shooter where there are six levels which alternate between side and vertical scrolling, each of them ending with a powerful guardian. Throughout the game, destroying certain enemies will release power ups which can be used to equip your ship with more powerful weapons, extra speed, and shields. Gameplay is for one player or two players simultaneously.
There are no Wii user screenshots for this game.
There are 95 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
There are no promo images for this game
- "沙羅曼蛇" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "沙羅曼蛇" -- Japanese spelling
- "Salamander (Life Force)" -- Brazilian CCE's Top Game title
- "Salamander" -- Japanese Arcade/MSX title
- "Life Force Salamander" -- European NES title
- "Lifeforce" -- NES title screen
- "Arcade Archives: Life Force" -- PS4 title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Wii release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Nintendo Life||Feb 17, 2009||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesThe Arcade version of Salamander appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
AnimeThere was an Anime based on Life Force. It was called Salamander, made in 1988, and only released in Japan and the U.K. Sadly, all three episodes are out of print in both countries.
- October 1988 (issue #13) - Included in the Top-100 list of 1987/1988 (editorial staff selection)
- Commodore Force
- December 1993 (Issue 13) – #90 “Readers' Top 100”
- Commodore Format
- July 1993 (Issue 34) - Modern Classics: Shoot-'em-ups (Check 'em out)
Related Web Sites
- Wikipedia: Salamander (Article in the open encyclopedia)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.