Not an American user?
DescriptionAfter years of "who is the best" speculation among fans, Mario and Sonic finally meet up to see who is the best!
Set in the Beijing 2008 Olympics, Mario, Luigi, Peach, and friends go head to head with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and their group in a sports competition through various Olympic events. Among the participants, players can even include their custom Miis from their Wii system. Each character has different sets of attributes; these attributes give certain characters a slight advantage over others in particular events. For instance, Sonic is usually better at running than other characters. Though, it is possible to beat him with anyone.
Gameplay is similar to Wii Sports, as there are several arcade style mini games that players can compete against up to three of their friends. Among the events are: skeet shooting, fencing, 100m and 400m dash, swimming, gymnastics, rowing, archery, table tennis, and many more that are unlocked through play as the video athletes earn medals, badges, and crowns. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games uses the Wii Remote (and Nunchuk for certain events) that can roughly mimic the various physical motions of the games.
Players can post their best records and times online via the Wi-Fi connection to see how they fare against other players.
- "Mario & Sonic op de Olympische Spelen" -- Dutch title
- "Mario & Sonic en los Juegos Olímpicos" -- Spanish title
- "Mario & Sonic bei den Olympischen Spielen" -- German title
- "Mario & Sonic aux Jeux Olympiques" -- French title
- "Mario & Sonic at Beijing Olympics" -- Japanese title
- "Mario & Sonic ai Giochi Olimpici" -- Italian title
- "マリオ＆ソニック AT 北京オリンピック" -- Japanese spelling
- "마리오와 소닉 베이징 올림픽" -- Korean spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- IOC licensees
- Mario games
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games series
- Sonic the Hedgehog universe
- Theme: Olympics
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Factornews||Dec 29, 2007||8 out of 10||80|
|IGN||Nov 06, 2007||7.9 out of 10||79|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 21, 2007||14 out of 20||70|
|Play.tm||Jan 03, 2008||69 out of 100||69|
|Good Game||Dec 12, 2007||6.5 out of 10||65|
|Worth Playing||Dec 01, 2007||6.2 out of 10||62|
|UOL Jogos||Nov 26, 2007||60|
|1UP||Nov 06, 2007||6 out of 10||60|
|Gamestyle||Nov 25, 2007||5 out of 10||50|
|Game Informer Magazine||Dec, 2007||4 out of 10||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Wikipedia: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games -- Article in the open encyclopedia
Guy Chapman (1746) added Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii) on Nov 08, 2007
Yugo Ogura, Daisuke Kawai, Mika Matsuba, Nobuya Ohashi, Hideshi Kyounen, Koji Yasumura, Yuu Shigehisa, Takashi Endou, Yoshinobu OhyamaPlan Leaders: