missing cover art
DescriptionNeed For Speed: ProStreet is the 11th game in the NFS series. It doesn't just include new and more detailed graphics, it includes a new type of gameplay. The game doesn't have a Free Roam mode (as in Underground 2, Most Wanted or Carbon), but it has an Event Map, similar to Juiced's Event Calendar.
The player's main goal in this game is to become the "King of the street". Nothing new. However, there are no more illegal races in the game - all of the available races are sponsored, and the action takes place on different racing tracks. No more traffic, no more in-town driving.
The game features 2 gameplay modes. Career (you start your "life" as a lowlife race driver and over time you will conquer everyone) and free play (where you can race unlocked cars and unlocked tracks).
As usual, the game includes a jukebox where you can listen to some singles, used by EA as the game's Sound Track. The game also includes new car models, and the classic racing modes except for cop chases, since ProStreet does not promote illegal racing. Also as usual, when you first start the game you will be prompted to create an alias (profile). You can choose which one will be loaded when you start the game again. After creating the alias, you are prompted to choose your difficulty settings.
All versions, except for the PlayStation 2 and Wii, contain online multiplayer modes.
There are no Wii screenshots for this game.
There are 47 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "NFS:PS" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Anti-Cheat Technology: PunkBuster
- Automobile: Aston Martin DB9
- Automobile: Audi A3
- Automobile: Audi A4
- Automobile: Audi R8
- Automobile: BMW 3 Series
- Automobile: BMW Z4
- Automobile: Bugatti Veyron
- Automobile: Chevrolet Camaro
- Automobile: Chevrolet Chevelle
- Automobile: Chevrolet Corvette
- Automobile: Dodge Challenger
- Automobile: Dodge Charger
- Automobile: Ford Focus
- Automobile: Ford GT
- Automobile: Ford Mustang
- Automobile: Honda Civic
- Automobile: Honda Integra
- Automobile: Honda NSX
- Automobile: Honda S2000
- Automobile: Koenigsegg CCX
- Automobile: Lamborghini Gallardo
- Automobile: Lamborghini Murciélago
- Automobile: Lancia Delta
- Automobile: Lotus Elise
- Automobile: Mazda RX-7
- Automobile: Mazda RX-8
- Automobile: McLaren F1
- Automobile: Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Eclipse
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Lancer
- Automobile: Nissan GT-R
- Automobile: Nissan Skyline
- Automobile: Pagani Zonda
- Automobile: Pontiac GTO
- Automobile: Porsche 911
- Automobile: Porsche Carrera GT
- Automobile: SEAT León
- Automobile: Subaru Impreza
- Automobile: Toyota Corolla
- Automobile: Volkswagen Golf
- Games with dynamic advertisements
- Need for Speed series
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Technology: amBX
There are no reviews for the Wii release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Computer Bild Spiele||Dec 05, 2007||2.24 out of 6||75|
|4Players.de||Nov 22, 2007||75 out of 100||75|
|Console Monster||Dec 11, 2007||69 out of 100||69|
|GameSpot||Nov 13, 2007||6.5 out of 10||65|
|GameZone||Dec 02, 2007||6.3 out of 10||63|
|IGN||Nov 19, 2007||6.2 out of 10||62|
|Nintendo Life||Dec 06, 2007||60|
|Cheat Code Central||Nov 26, 2007||2.7 out of 5||54|
|Play.tm||Dec 09, 2007||40 out of 100||40|
|Deaf Gamers||2007||4 out of 10||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Accidental early release informationRussian distributor Soft Club unveiled the release date and the name of the game in February 2007. This was likely a mistake, as Electronic Arts did not reveal or confirm the title until 31st May 2007.
Related Web Sites
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Need for Speed: ProStreet - Wikipedia (open encyclopedia page)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Need for Speed: Prostreet.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.