DescriptionNeed for Speed: Undercover is the 12th installment of the series and puts the player in the shoes of an undercover cop who needs to infiltrate and destroy an international crime syndicate by getting to their leader - a man crazy behind the wheel and a very fast driver. So the player enters the city with the goal to earn enough reputation and respect in the syndicate to get to him.
Of course this is not done by just walking up to someone and asking nicely. Instead the player freely roams the big city in his cars and accepts missions at every corner. These range from simple races to Burnout-inspired "Destroy as much as possible" goals. A completely new mode is the Highway Battle in which the player needs to put 300 meters between him and his opponent with the main enemy being the incoming rush hour traffic. Other missions require the player to bring a specific car in the best possible condition to a garage. Since the player is undercover, the police are always watching him and make his life more and more difficult as the wanted level of the car increases.
Successful races not only earn the player reputation to unlock new challenges and new parts of the city but also bring cash which can be invested in new cars or in the tuning of old ones. In addition one of the ten stats of the character automatically advances granting him more money for a win or increasing his ability to brake.
There are no Wii screenshots for this game.
There are 36 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
Part of the Following Groups
- Anti-Cheat Technology: PunkBuster
- Automobile: Audi R8
- Automobile: Audi TT
- Automobile: Bugatti Veyron
- Automobile: Chevrolet Camaro
- Automobile: Chevrolet Corvette
- Automobile: Dodge Viper
- Automobile: Ford Focus
- Automobile: Ford GT
- Automobile: Koenigsegg CCX
- Automobile: Lamborghini Gallardo
- Automobile: Lamborghini Murciélago
- Automobile: Lotus Elise
- Automobile: Mazda RX-7
- Automobile: Mazda RX-8
- Automobile: McLaren F1
- Automobile: Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Eclipse
- Automobile: Nissan GT-R
- Automobile: Pagani Zonda
- Automobile: Porsche 911
- Automobile: Porsche Carrera GT
- Automobile: Renault Clio
- Automobile: Toyota Supra
- Automobile: Volkswagen Golf
- Automobile: Volkswagen Scirocco
- Genre: Open world driving
- Need for Speed series
- Physics Engine: Havok
- Theme: Law enforcement
- Visual technique / style: Live-action cutscenes
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|WiiDSFrance||Feb 05, 2009||8 out of 10||80|
|4Players.de||Nov 28, 2008||68 out of 100||68|
|GameTrailers||Nov, 2008||6.7 out of 10||67|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 21, 2008||13 out of 20||65|
|Jeux Vidéo Network||May 18, 2009||12 out of 20||60|
|Worth Playing||Jan 20, 2009||5.2 out of 10||52|
|Nintendo Life||Nov 24, 2008||50|
|Gemakei (formerly Zentendo)||Feb 03, 2009||5 out of 10||50|
|IGN||Nov 18, 2008||4.8 out of 10||48|
|Cheat Code Central||Nov, 2008||2.2 out of 5||44|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Need for Speed Undercover : EA Games (Official website.)
- Wikipedia: Need for Speed: Undercover (article in the open encyclopedia)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Need for Speed: Undercover.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.