Not an American user?
DescriptionNamed after the television boxing program airing on the US Showtime cable network, this game offers a mix of fourteen heavyweights and welterweights and four arenas to fight in (New York, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Chicago). Basic moves include upper block, body block, dodging left and right, short punches and powered punches (hook, jab, uppercut, bodyshot). While playing, there are a few parameters to take into account. First there is a health meter that recharges when the boxer dodges hits for some time. Punches need to be thrown strategically, as an energy bar determines the effectiveness. Too many punches deplete the bar and the amount also determines if a boxer will be able to get up when knocked down. A round timer and knockdown lights are also shown. At certain times, a power-up indicator will become available. This allows a boxer to charge a heavy punch, but the opponent will have time to react. When the charging takes too long, the punch is lost.
The different game modes (different for heavyweight and welterweight) include:
- Single Fights (Quick): fight for only one round until one of the boxers is knocked out.
- Single Fights (Regular): play for 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 rounds and choose to decide it by a KO, TKO or by points.
- Points System: after each round each boxer is awarded points based on performance. At the end of a fight, or after a KO or TKO, the player with the most points wins.
- Belts: series of three (Amateur), four (Contender) or six (Showtime) fights. Each fight lasts four rounds or three minutes and the aim is to win one of the belts.
- King of the Ring: one boxer takes on all other boxers in his weight division in one long round.
There are no Wii screenshots for this game.
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|ZTGameDomain||Jan 22, 2011||4.5 out of 10||45|
|Cheat Code Central||2008||2.2 out of 5||44|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Feb 04, 2008||7 out of 20||35|
|Nintendo-Online.de||Mar 28, 2008||3 out of 10||30|
|Nintendojo||2008||2 out of 10||20|
|Games Radar||Mar 04, 2008||2 out of 10||20|
|Gamer.nl||Feb 21, 2008||2 out of 10||20|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Sciere (228102) added Showtime Championship Boxing (Wii) on Dec 28, 2007
Other platforms contributed by Sciere (228102)
VP of Development:
Director of Development:
Andrey Koval, Dmitriy Kononchuk, Denis Kozhuschenko, Dmitriy Moseychuk, Konstantin Dopyra, Ruslan Yavdoshak, Roman Matsybora, Stas KarpinskiyArt Director: