DescriptionSid Meier returns to his roots with this remake of Sid Meier's Pirates!, his 1987 game about sailing the high seas in search of treasure. As in the original, you will plunder cities, sink enemy ships, and more. A plethora of different styles of gameplay will have you sneaking out of prison, dancing with the governor's daughter, engaging in real-time strategic combat, and a slew of others.
Sid Meier's Pirates! features a new 3D engine, but its style of stringing several minigames together to make a congruent game remains true to the original.
There are no Wii user screenshots for this game.
There are 65 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "大海盜" -- Taiwan spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Enhanced remakes
- Feral Legends label
- Games with nobility titles
- Game with Creator's name
- Merchant / Trade-oriented games
- Middleware: Gamebryo/Lightspeed/NetImmerse
- Pirates! series
- Sid Meier's licensees
- Theme: Sea Pirates
There are no reviews for the Wii release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|GamingXP||Oct 23, 2010||72 out of 100||72|
|Brash Games||Nov 25, 2010||7 out of 10||70|
|Nintendojo||Oct 28, 2010||B-||67|
|Worth Playing||Oct 06, 2010||6.5 out of 10||65|
|Nintendo-Online.de||Oct 31, 2010||6 out of 10||60|
|NintendoWorldReport||Oct 24, 2010||6 out of 10||60|
|Game Chronicles||Oct 14, 2010||5.5 out of 10||55|
|4Players.de||Oct 15, 2010||53 out of 100||53|
|Cubed3||Feb 15, 2011||50|
|GameZone||2010||3 out of 10||30|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
Apr 04, 2015
SoundSome sound-effects/video in Sid Meier's Pirates were re-used from previous Civilization games., One example includes when your character swings on a rope aboard a ship. The yell he makes is actually the yell an Archer makes in Civ III when he gets promoted. Another example is one of the ballroom dancing pieces that's played. It happens to also be a track used in Civilization III: Conquests.
- Computer Games Magazine
- March 2005 - #2 Game of the Year
- Computer Gaming World
- March 2005 (Issue #249) – Arcade Classic of the Year
- 2004 – #10 PC Game of the Year
- 2004 - Old Skool Award (PC)
Related Web Sites
- Addicted to Pirates! (A fansite containing various information about Sid Meier's Pirates!)
- Hooked on Pirates! (A fansite containing many mods for Sid Meier's Pirates!)
- Official Webpage (Mac) (The official product page for the Mac version of Pirates! on the publisher's website, which provides trailers, an overview of the various ships and skills within the game itself, desktop wallpapers, and purchasing information, among other such details.)
- Plunder the High Seas in Sid Meier's Pirates! (An Apple Games article about the Mac version of Sid Meier's Pirates!, with commentary provided by Executive Producer Barry Caudill (October, 2008).)
- Sid Meier's Pirates! (Official website)
- Sid Meier's Pirates! (Firaxis' Official Site)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.