Super Paper Mario
was originally announced as a GameCube game at the 2006 E3 show in May 2006. Likely due to greater-than-expected pre-release Wii popularity, the game had been moved to that system by September. The only major addition appears to be the addition of the 16:9 mode.
There is a bug in the original European release when playing the game in UK English, German, or Spanish. After meeting Mimi in Chapter 2-2, if you talk to her before picking up the key that opens the nearby trap, the game will freeze. Nintendo of Europe
offered a workaround on the website and planned to offer a replacement disc as well.
- Just prior to fighting the boss of Chapter 1 Fracktail, he says several things referencing real world computers/electronics including "CTRL + ALT + DEL." He also states "I am error" alluding to the infamous character in Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.
- Fracktail's eye contains the Wii Shop Channel logo animation while he is "processing" to decipher Mario's identity.
Information also contributed by
Johsua J. Slone and
- 2007 – #3 Best Wii Game of the Year
- 2007 – #9 Wii Game of the Year
- 2007 – Wii RPG of the Year