DescriptionIn this SNES sequel to the arcade R-Type shooters, you are the R-9, Earth's most advanced form of defense against the evil BYDO Empire. There are seven stages you must go through, picking up power-up items to defeat the stage bosses which have returned from the arcade versions of R-Type and R-Type II. Your R-9 ship can also be united with FORCE, which are invincible units that surround your ship to protect you and can also power up and attack.
There are no Wii user screenshots for this game.
There are 11 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
There are no promo images for this game
- "スーパー・アールタイプ" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Jeuxvideo.com||Sep 16, 2011||16 out of 20||80|
|IGN||Mar 28, 2008||6.5 out of 10||65|
|Nintendo Life||Mar 15, 2008||60|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Mar 25, 2008||4 out of 10||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
MusicIn the credits, there is a track listing for all the songs in the game. It is as follows:
- Start: R-9, To The Front
- Stage 1: Solo Sortie
- Stage 2: Counterattack '91
- Stage 3: As Wet As A Fish
- Stage 4: A Submerging Titan
- Stage 5: Dream Of A Labyrinth
- Stage 6: R Dance
- Stage 7: National Anthem Of Bydo Empire
- Boss Stage: Return Of The Creature
- Ending: Escape From The Bydo Empire (Part 1) and
- Escape From The Bydo Empire (Part 2)
- Novice Mode Ending: Try Harder!
- Stage Clearance: To The Next Zone!
- Game Over: A Combat Is Over
- Continue: Blast Rock
RemixSuper R-Type is actually a slight remix of R-Type II, with a couple of new enemies and stages tossed in.
Information also contributed by Satoshi Kunsai
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.