DescriptionExplore the Wuhu Islands with Wii Sports Resort, the sequel to the Wii launch title, Wii Sports. Wii Sports Resort includes and takes advantage of a peripheral called Wii MotionPlus, which enhances the player's motion control in the assorted sports. Available in this game are:
- Swordplay: Defeat your opponent in two out of three rounds. Alternate between attacking and defending with your sword.
- Wakeboarding: Hold the Wii Remote like a handle, and use it to turn from side to side. Lift it to perform acrobatic jumps.
- Frisbee: Hold and flick the Wii Remote like a Frisbee.
- Archery: Hold the Wii Remote like a bow. Pull the Nunchuk like the string, and release Z to fire.
- Basketball: Lift and throw the Wii Remote overhead to throw the ball into the hoop.
- Table Tennis: Swing the Wii Remote like a racket to hit the ball.
- Golf: Hold the Wii Remote downward and swing it like a golf club to hit the ball.
- Bowling: Swing the Wii Remote as though you're bowling a bowling ball. Adjust spin and angle using the Control Pad.
- Power Cruising: Hold the Wii Remote and Nunchuk as though they were bike handlebars. Tilt to steer, and use B to accelerate.
- Canoeing: Move the Wii Remote from front to back as though you were rowing with a canoe paddle.
- Cycling: Alternate the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk up and down as though cycling.
- Air Sports: Tilt the Wii Remote to move your body in the air as though skydiving, or hold it like a paper plane when using a plane.
There are no Wii screenshots for this game.
- "Wii スポーツリゾート" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Group
|A game with broad appeal, best played in groups||Condemned (70)|
|Another cheap Nintendo cash in.||AkibaTechno (228)|
The Press Says
|The Video Game Critic||Sep 15, 2009||A||100|
|gamrReview||Sep 01, 2009||8.8 out of 10||88|
|DS-x2||Aug 03, 2009||8.8 out of 10||88|
|GameFocus||Jul 29, 2009||8.4 out of 10||84|
|ZTGameDomain||Sep 01, 2009||8 out of 10||80|
|GameSpot AU||Jul 22, 2009||8 out of 10||80|
|Game Critics||Aug 03, 2007||7 out of 10||70|
|Gamekult||Jul 24, 2009||7 out of 10||70|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Jul 24, 2009||14 out of 20||70|
|Game Revolution||Jul 29, 2009||B-||67|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaIt was voted #1 and picked by editors as Best Sports Game in 1UP's 2009 Readers' and Editors' Choice Awards.
Related Web Sites
- Iwata Asks - Wii Sports Resort (NCL president Satoru Iwata interviews various members of Nintendo EAD.)