DescriptionAction Games is a collection of thirty two shareware games, or rather the shareware versions of commercial games some of which were very successful while others never made it into production. The product has two start routines, one for Windows 95 and another for Windows 3.1. The Windows 95 routine has additional options including an interactive catalogue of Arc Media titles, a registration document and a Quicktime installation option. Both versions use the same game browser which will install or copy the game files to the hard drive, as well as install DirectX 3.0, Visual Basic Runtime files, Video for Windows and other necessary applications. The games included this product are listed below in the order they appear on the back of the jewel case:
- Rocket Jockey
- Blade Warrior
- Albion from Blue Byte Software
- Iron Blood
- Magic Carpet 2
- Alien Trilogy
- CyberGladiators from Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries
- Crusader: No Regret
- ZPC Land
- Multiplayer BattleTech: Solaris from Kesmai Corporation
- Dark Forces
- Total Annihilation
- Fighting Force
- Youngblood: Search And Destroy a one level demo of a game that scheduled for release in late 1997 but was never released. The game was based on the Youngblood comic book series, it was a single player, overhead action game in which the superhero team fought their way through hell itself to stop the evil Dr Leviticus gaining control of the Drachma Codex
- Dark Angael listed as Dark Angel
- Golgotha: This is "Golgotha: Demo 4" and is another demo of a game that was never released commercially. When the developer, Crack dot Com, closed in 1998 the source code and all data for the game was released into the public domain, it needs a 3DFX card to run.
- Demon Star
- Battle Cycles: This game was written in August 1996 by Louis DeSetto who released this unfinished demo version to see if there was enough interest to justify completing the game, there probably wasn't as no trace of a completed game was found. It's a two player, keyboard controlled, Light Cycle type of game in which players have guns and can survive collisions with the walls.
- Earth 2140
- Independence War: The Starship Simulator aka I-War
- JSF aka Joint Strike Fighter
- Blood Bath at Red Falls, called just Blood Bath on the inlay, from UnderWorld Software
- Skrap from Neuronware Entertainment is another demo of game that didn't make it to a full commercial release. In the future envisaged in this game multinational corporations set up computers to control their business interests as they became more complex. Over time these corporate entities became self aware controlled and enslaved the population that had created them. The player takes the role of a pilot for one of the armament conglomerates who escapes in a prototype helicopter 'Spartacus' and joins the last rebel forces. The object of the game is to lead the rebels to freedom.
- Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
- Warlords III: Reign of Heroes
- Dark Reign: The Future of War listed as Dark reign
- X-COM: Apocalypse
There are no promo images for this game
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.