DescriptionCreatures is a biological simulation. You start with six eggs of Norns, cute little creatures who live in an imaginary world. Your task is to give them knowledge about the world they live in, learn them how to speak, how to use toys, an elevator, how to eat etc. They will eventually grow older, reproduce themselves and die. The game uses its own genetics system, as well as biochemical and neurological calculations to determine the evolution of Norns and the way their DNA would develop in their descendants.
There are no Windows 3.x screenshots for this game.
There are 17 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "Creatures: Schaffen Sie künstliches Leben in Ihrem Computer!" -- German tag-lined title
- "Creatures: Create Real Life on Your PC" -- Tag-lined title
- "Creatures: Create and breed your own artificial life." -- UK tag-lined title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Windows 3.x release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Nov, 1997||80|
|Gamesmania||1997||70 out of 100||70|
|PC Joker||Jan, 1997||66 out of 100||66|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Douglas AdamsThe front of the UK box has this testimonial:
The same processes which gave rise to life in the real world have been modelled in software and the results are awe-inspiring." - Douglas Adams, author of 'The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy'.
EggsThe original Windows release came with an egg disk on which a number of Norn eggs were saved that could be transported into the game. This, however, caused them to be permanently erased from the original egg disk. Later releases and patches of the game featured an egg generator which randomly created Norn eggs and their genetic information.
Information also contributed by Little Yoda
Related Web Sites
- Creatures (official website)
- openc2e (openc2e is a free and open-source game engine designed to be compatible with the various engines used in the Creatures series of artificial life games. It supports games such as Creatures, Creatures 2, Creatures 3 and Docking Station, on many different platforms.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.