Hopsalot, the Jump Start bunny, is showing off his Great Grandrabbit's gramophone, when he is suddenly pulled right into the gramophone's trumpet and into the Land of Music, hot on the trail of a batch of sour notes. It appears that the evil Sir Sournote has soured all the music; Hopsalot must travel throughout the Land of Music collecting all the ruined notes in his bag, and bring them to the Concert Hall to sweeten them again.
The interface is point and click on the map screen (simply moving the mouse on the screen will cause Hopsalot to follow; click to enter a game) and in the mini-games, with the addition of certain keyboard keys: spacebar in the rhythm games, left and right sides of the keyboard and the enter key in the Jam With Cool Cat game.
As you move Hopsalot around the Land of Music map, you'll find these activities:
- Music Monkey – view a short piece of music and listen to it, then find the notes that Sir Sournote has replaced with sour ones
- Gorilla, Goat and Hippo – Listen to a character play a rhythm and then play it back using the spacebar
- Young Girl – Listen to Melody play sounds, then repeat them; play your own music on the bridge and hear it played back
- Musical Instruments – these instruments have lost their voices; choose the bird that sounds like each instrument to replace it
- Cool Cat – Jam with Cool Cat in free play using the keyboard, then play it back by clicking the gramophone
After successfully playing an activity, Hopsalot is given the opportunity to collect some sour notes in his bag – the cursor becomes a grasping hand and you must catch the notes as they dart around the screen in a mini arcade game. On each map screen, although the activities remain basically the same the difficulty level is increased, for example, instead of finding the voice for one instrument you will have two; the number of beats you have to follow in a rhythm game will increase, as will the number of sour notes to find in a piece of music. Once you have collected all the sour notes in an area it glows red on the map, so you know how much you've done. In addition, clicking on the music note on the bottom right of the screen brings up the options, where you can click on Hopsalot's bag to see how many sour notes have been collected.
When all the sour notes are collected and brought to the Concert Hall to be sweetened, Hopsalot presents you with a Sweet Note award that can be printed.
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
A lot of things in this game are all resemblances to the Wizard of Oz movie. Such as: "The Blue Rhythm Road" (The Yellow Brick Road), "There's no music like sweet music" (There's no place like home) and "I'll get you my little bunny" (I'll get you Dorothy).