DescriptionA comedy-strategy adventure game based on Monty Python's movie the Quest for the Holy Grail.
There are no Windows 3.x user screenshots for this game.
There are 27 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Монти Пайтон и поиски Святого Грааля" -- Russian spelling
- "Monty Python: Die Ritter der Kokosnuss" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: "Simon says"
- Gameplay feature: Whac-A-Mole
- Inspiration: Movies
- Monty Python licensees
- Tetris variants
- Theme: Holy Grail
There are no reviews for the Windows 3.x release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Joystick (French)||Dec, 1996||90 out of 100||90|
|Adventure Classic Gaming||Feb 18, 1998||80|
|High Score||Sep, 1996||4 out of 5||80|
|PC Player (Germany)||Aug, 1996||80|
|Gamesmania.de||1996||70 out of 100||70|
|Power Play||Aug, 1996||62 out of 100||62|
|Electric Playground||Jan 19, 1997||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
EndingThe game's main menu has a button labeled "Win the game". When you click on it, you are treated to a drawn ending screen telling you you've won the game.
When you really finish the game, you can watch King Brian the Wild, a animation sketch which was originally planned for the movie, but eventually cut out.
ManualThe manual for Monty Python & the Quest for the Holy Grail takes a somewhat rare approach for making sure that the player really reads it from beginning to end. For every dull technical instruction there follows something humorous, weird or absurd as befits a Monty Python game. Some examples from the manual:
After the introduction has compared the game to the previously released Monty Python's Complete Waste of Time:
Note: For those of you who never bothered buying Monty Python's Complete Waste of Time, the preceding paragraph does not apply. Instead, the following sentence applies to you: Buy Monty Python's Complete Waste of Time.
After the system requirements:
For optimal digestion, you should have at least the following system configuration:
- Mouth, esophagus, stomach, liver, small intestine, and large intestine
- Two kidneys (second one optional)
After the installation instructions:
Just remember: If, during the installation process, you ever decide to stop before you're finished, your installation will stop and will not finish. To begin installation all over again, you must begin the installation all over again. Then, as before, if, during the installation process, you decide to stop before you're finished , your installation will stop and will not finish. However, installation may be begun all over again, just as long as you begin the installation all over again.
After the "How to Start the Program "section:
IMPORTANT: DO NOT START THIS PROGRAM WITHOUT A COMPUTER! STARTING THIS PROGRAM WITHOUT A COMPUTER COULD RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY! SEE THIS SENTENCE IN THE INSTRUCTIONS MANUAL FOR FURTHER REFERENCES TO THIS WARNING!
After the credits:
- Ted is a big, fat liar.
- Don't trust my cousin Cynthia because she steals things.
- Other people are bad.
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) –#6 Funniest Computer Game
- May 1997 (Issue #154) – Classic/Puzzle Game of the Year (Readers' Choice)
ExtrasThe CD contains rolling demos of four other 7th Level games from 1996:
- Ace Ventura
- Cold Blooded - a game that doesn't seem to have been published
- Monty Python's Complete Waste of Time
Related Web Sites
- Holy Grail Links Page (a Monty Python fan page that contains walkthroughs and hints plus more information about this game)
- Monty Python & the Quest for the Holy Grail - Hints (by Cindy Wells)