DescriptionNitemare-3D is a horror-themed first-person shooter and a sequel to the adventure game Hugo III: Jungle of Doom. Hugo's girlfriend Penelope is kidnapped by the nefarious Dr. Hamerstein, who intends to conduct terrifying experiments on her. Hugo has to explore the Doctor's twisted mansion, travel through underground caverns, and eventually face the villain himself and rescue his sweetheart.
The gameplay mostly follows the conventions of Wolfenstein 3D, which the game also resembles visually. However, its gameplay is somewhat more slow-paced and includes heavier doses of puzzle-solving. There are four weapons in the game - plasma gun, magic wand, pistol and auto-repeat plasma gun; enemies may be vulnerable to a certain weapon and resistant against others. The levels are maze-like and contain secret areas. The first episode was released as shareware; two commercial episodes followed, for a total of thirty levels.
- "The Plasma Core" -- episode 2 (registered) of Nitemare-3D
- "Nitemare-3D: The Complete Trilogy" -- American Software Laboratories release title
- "Nite Mare 3D" -- Australian title
- "Nitemare 3-D" -- Ingame title
- "Hugo 4" -- Informal title
- "Death or Glory" -- episode 3 (registered) of Nitemare-3D
- "A House Of Horrors" -- first (shareware) episode of Nitemare-3D
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Windows 3.x release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Winner of the Ziff-Davis European Shareware award for Best Game.
Related Web Sites
- Nitemare-3D (Official Website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.