missing cover art
DescriptionScholastic's The Magic School Bus Explores the Ocean is the third game in the series based on the children's educational books by Joanna Cole and Bruce Degen.
In this adventure, Ms. Frizzle and her class are headed to the ocean on a mission to explore zones and answer three clues that will lead to a sunken treasure. Traveling by submarine bus, the group will make stops at the Coral Reef, the Open Ocean, the Deep Ocean, the Hot Vents, the Kelp Forest, and more. At each stop the player can access activities, reports and experiments related to that zone by clicking on items nearby. There are also a number of zone-themed minigames that utilize both the mouse and the arrow keys. Among them are:
- Crab Chase - the player must click to move a crab around on the beach and collect food while avoiding a predatory seagull.
- Ride the Tide - the player helps a fish swim through the tidal changes by moving with the arrow keys and jumping over rocks with the space bar.
- Kelp Clean-Up - collect and bag up garbage while avoiding sharks.
- Food Chain Game - a jigsaw puzzle featuring colorful diatoms.
- Lantern Fish Game - the player must help a lantern fish gulp down its prey while moving through the ocean
This game is suggested for ages 6 - 10, and the educational focus is on scientific exploration and experimentation, rather than simple fact-finding.
There are no Windows 3.x screenshots for this game.
There are 21 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Home PC
- Holiday Gift Guide - The Best Programs of 1996
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.