MultiplayerWhen Anno 1503 was released, there was no multiplayer-mode included - officially... In fact, they placed a file in their /data directory which enables it. The mode was not finished. It lacked a lot of features, balancing and so on. But they wanted to get some feedback from their fans without starting an official beta test. So they hoped a small group of people found out and offered feedback.
Source CodeThe Anno 1503 source code is about 400,000 lines long - almost everything coded by just two coders. And the graphician, Ulli Koller, has studied architecture - thus the very detailed buildings.
- 2002– Biggest Disappointment of the Year
- German VUD (Verband der Unterhaltungssoftware Deutschland - Entertainment Software Association Germany)
- 2002 - Gold Award for selling more than 100.000 units in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 2002 - Platinum Award for selling more than 200.000 units in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 2004 - Special Award for selling more than 500.000 units in Germany, Austria and Switzerland