Star Wars sale: Star Wars games are currently 77% off at GOG! Including Knights of the Old Republic, Jedi Academy, Battlefront and more.

1602 A.D. (Windows)

Written by  :  William Shawn McDonie (1092)
Written on  :  Jul 20, 2001

read more reviews by William Shawn McDonie

Summary

Beautiful graphics and probably the best music in a game.

The Good

First of all the Music in this game is first rate! I just loved to sit back and listen to the soundtrack (i often let it run while I read or did something else) There is a prebuild screensaver in the game. When you leave the game inactive too long it switches over to a beach setting showing the tide lapping over the sand. With great sound. Perfect for a nice relaxing nap.

Now as for the game itself there were great sound effects mixed with eye-poping graphics. Gameplay is ok, and it had moderate replayability.

The Bad

....Well as much as I loved the music and graphics the game could get boring. Much like Sim City you just get to a point where there was nothing left to do, well at least nothing fun.

Often times I got tired of the griping about how the colonists wanted this or that. No mater how much I gave them it never seemed enough. Plus getting the goods they wanted often seemed like a Herculean task. After a while the game just wasn't fun anymore. So mainly I got my pleasure from the music.

The Bottom Line

Worth your time if you are a micromanager, and enjoy good music. Otherwise don't waste your time unless it is going for under 5 bucks.