Description747-200 Ready for Pushback
is an add on for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight
. This is a detailed simulator that focuses on realism as opposed to ease of use. It simulates three variants of the Boeing 747, the 747-200, the 747-200(SF) and the 747-200F in many different liveries.
The cockpit has over four hundred working switches and features most of the instrumentation and systems that would be found in a real world aircraft. Practically everything is replicated in this product from fuel heating and fuel tank cross feeding to FFRATS, (that's Full Flight Regime Auto Throttle System), and control of the air conditioning and pressurisation system. In addition there are a number of optional extras for the dedicated e-pilot, these are:
- a take-off calculator which takes the take-off weight tailwind and air pressure and calculates the the thrust needed for take-off and the take-off distance.
- a fuel planner which takes the trip length, cruising altitude, distance to alternate airfields etc and calculates how much fuel is needed in the central tank and each of the wing tanks.
- a "Cargo Load" calculator.
- a "Combi Load" calculator for planes with a cargo and passenger configuration.
- and finally there's an optional integrated package that simulates aircrew chatter and passenger announcements.
There are nine training videos which can be optionally installed, these take the player through the process of starting up a Boeing 747 from it's 'cold and dark' state to being fully powered. There are printed manuals which also exists in electronic form, this too can be installed on the player's computer. There are six pre-defined flights that are selectable via the flight simulator's menu system, these are all tutorial flights and feature a Boeing 747 on the ground in various states of preparedness from 'cold and dark' to 'on the runway'.
- "B747 200: Ready for Pushback 2004" -- UK CD text title
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
This entry to the MobyGames database was contributed by piltdown man (50665)
on Sep 26, 2012.