A-10 Cuba! (Windows)

Official Site
Also For
Written by  :  Donald Terry (3)
Written on  :  Jun 18, 2003
read more reviews by Donald Terry

Summary

Great first combat simulator with desert training and lots of weapons!

The Good

This is one of my favorite real aircraft and this game has been one of my favorites for a couple of years now. 4 basic training levels at a desert air base, and 12 missions in Cuba against land, sea and air targets. All standard weapons in multiple combinations: Sidewinder Missles; Rocket pods; HARMS; Cluster Bombs; 500/1000/2000 bombs (gravity, drag, and Laser Guided): Video, InfraRed, and Laser Guided Phonex type missles; & anti-runway missles. Exstensive controls, works with modern joysticks. Head to Head network combat mode also.

The Bad

Needs 9x/ME, only limited support for Win2000 (crashes if you have to Esc out to view the map or reload weapons). Could use some more missions.

The Bottom Line

Good game for when you have an hour to kill here and there, but not ideal for all-day play. All missions take less than 30 minutes to complete - though some can be streached out longer. After 3 years, I am still learning new tacticts and controls. Definitely belongs in your hanger!