How much time do you spend in each single session when you play games?

Actua Soccer 2 (Windows)

Written by  :  Quackbal (48)
Written on  :  Jan 22, 2005

read more reviews by Quackbal

Summary

It was OK...

The Good

Good graphics for '97, and a nice consistent pace to it. The commentary by Barry Davies is great, and his dry humour ever present.

The Bad

Unfortunately, this game and 'realism' should not go in the same sentence. One minute you'll be up one end, in the next 4 seconds you'll be up the opposite end. The players run amazingly fast and you cannot do much fancy skill. The A.I is terrible, to say the least, with players running in the wrong direction, and the keepers are actually too good: You can never beat them. The referees are either too strict or too lenient, so you can never really have a fair game.

My biggest gripe about this game is the inability to play as a club, etc. You are confined to international teams, which really can restrict fans.

The Bottom Line

This game made football SIMPLE to the consumer. It's not for hard core fans, thats probably the job of the FIFA series, which allows either clubs or countries to be controlled.

I don't recommend buying this game, go for FIFA instead. ACTUA games are no longer made.