The Adventures of Fatman: Toxic Revenge (Windows)

The Adventures of Fatman: Toxic Revenge Windows Socko! Entertainment

MISSING COVER

3.0
Written by  :  Depth Lord (943)
Written on  :  Dec 24, 2005
Rating  :  3.33 Stars3.33 Stars3.33 Stars3.33 Stars3.33 Stars

read more reviews by Depth Lord

Summary

Good, but not as good to be sold as a commercial game...

The Good

The puzzles are the best part of the game, very creative and challenging, it can take you some time to finish that game, so the game's longevity is ensured!

There are also two modes, hard and easy, if you select easy you don't have to load or restart a game when you die and you also get some clues, it's a nice addition.

The game also features commentaries by the author that can be heard when pressing a button on any screen, that was nice and original.

The Bad

The interface and the way the action-management is dealt is very poor.

The animations could be better, specially the ones of the main character.

The humor was too cliche, I know it was part of the game being cliche about super heroes and stuff, but I find this topic kind of boring and not really funny.

Also, I found the presence of that shadow-thing at the border of the screen through all the game to be bloody annoying. It doesn't add anything to the game atmosphere.

The Bottom Line

This game was sold commercially for some time, but believe me, it wasn't good enough to be sold, luckily the developers decided to release it as freeware some time ago, so I encourage you to download it, it's a good amateur adventure game anyway.