DescriptionA.I.M. 2 is the sequel to the science fiction action game A.I.M.: Artificial Intelligence Machines by the same development studio. The story and overall look lift off exactly where the the first game ended.
Changes in the control system have led to new opportunities for the inhabitants of the Polygon planet. Mechminds, advanced robots, opened new sectors and have started exploring them. With the course of time Mechminds and their culture have altered greatly with some old clans fading away as new ones evolved. New clans led by Mechminds of the Fifth Generation are powerful and well-organized formations with far-reaching plans. Powerful groups have different interests that often crossed, war broke out again. However this time it is the struggle not for mere control, this is struggle for survival. The clans want to eliminate the weaker ones standing in their way and will stop at nothing to dominate their enemies.
To achieve their goals they use not only military means, but economic ones as well. As of now none of the clans has managed to achieve complete victory. You are a part of the oldest clan called the Reckoners, a dedicated group looking for the firstborn Mechmind of the Fifth Generation. This could be a chance to restore former might for your clan which has lost its power and even be victorious in the war.
By comparison with original A.I.M., this sequel was updated in some aspects:
- Your mechminds now have specialization in three basic professions: warrior, merchant and messenger, and every update or body increases or decreases each parameter.
- In addition to handwritten, automatically generated side quests have been added.
- In-game map is updated and you can place your own marks on it.
- Graphics are enhanced somewhat.
- Most of territories are remakes of those from previous game.
There are no Windows screenshots for this game.
- "Механоиды 2: Война кланов" -- Russian title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Feb 27, 2006||75 out of 100||75|
|GameStar (Germany)||Apr, 2008||42 out of 100||42|
|Krawall Gaming Network||Apr 03, 2008||41 out of 100||41|
|4Players.de||Apr 25, 2008||38 out of 100||38|
|GamingXP||May 13, 2008||37 out of 100||37|
|Gamezone (Germany)||Apr 11, 2008||2 out of 10||20|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- A.I.M. 2.ru (Official Russian website.)