Aliens Versus Predator 2: Primal Hunt (Windows)

Written by  :  Joe Finch (3)
Written on  :  Apr 13, 2003

read more reviews by Joe Finch

Summary

Aliens versus Predator 2 Primal Hunt Unfairly Criticized

The Good

This game was absolutely brilliant and unfairly criticized! The new additions were superb! The ancient Predator looks absolutely great! I also have to say that adding sentry guns is brilliant. I cant understand why they werent on aliens versus predator games before, as they were in the film Aliens and they are really fun to watch wile they are in action. Being the predalien is really fun so much better than a normal alien as the Predalien headbites look superb! A hard part of the game and fun part was, sneaking around predators as a face hugger that was very cool! Another good feature is, finally blood spurts onto the screen and that is much better!! It makes it seem you are right in the thick of things!

The Bad

The only bad points were there wasnt enough levels and the Predator missions were far too easy for me, as i am an advanced player. I have heard a lot of people say the fear effect had been taken away. Well i do agree as the Corprate missions are no way as scary as the marine missions on Aliens versus Predator 2! The alien and predator missions were never that scary so these missions still have the same feel!

The Bottom Line

I am a die hard fan thats probably why i liked it! But i do recommend it even for fans who aren't as into the series as me as the graphics are great, the weapons are superb and you cant beat being the Predator, cloaking, stalking your pray and using his great range of weapons is brilliant! Yes there arent that many levels but its more than a challenge for players who havent played the series before! And when u are stalked by the predator you cant beat it in any game, you know ur heading for trouble, when you hear him breathing and you know he is close by! You are just waiting for the imminent confrontation!! BUY IT NOW!!!!