missing cover art
DescriptionAmerican Idol is the first video game based on the casting show of the same name. The player creates a character and tries to become the new American Idol. Each match consists of five steps:
1) Character Creation: The player creates a new character which is used for the cause of the match. The character is either male or female and can be customized by choosing between a few names (no manual input), skin types, hairstyle and clothes.
2) Karaoke: By using the included microphone, the player provides the lyrical performance to one of 21 songs. Those are comprised of both classic and contemporary performers, e.g. Jackson 5 (ABC), Gloria Gaynor (I Will Survive) or Smash Mouth (The In Set). The player's performance is not rated by the game.
3) Road to Stardom: The main gameplay portion is this board game. The goal is to earn enough star points so the next stage of the game is unlocked. After each turn, the player enters a spot which has one of a few possible outcomes: multiple-choice scenarios (points are gained or lost depending on the answer), performances (a standard rhythm game where the player has to push the correct buttons in correspondence to the prompts) or various shops (the player can spend money on dance moves, camera angles, etc. which earns star points). Other events, for example completing a round on the board, earn money.
4) Video editor: In this step, the player creates a music video to accompany the karaoke performance. This is basically a simple video editor in which a time-line is created with the bought assets from the board game.
5) Sharing the result: After the game's original release (at least during the second American Idol season), the resulting music video could be uploaded on the show's website. Other visitors could rate it then.
There are no Windows user screenshots for this game.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|IGN||Jan 28, 2004||3.3 out of 10||33|
|GameSpy||Jan 21, 2003||20|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.