ArmA: Combat Operations (Windows)

Written by  :  Mosaic Rhino (8)
Written on  :  Aug 17, 2008
Rating  :  4.43 Stars4.43 Stars4.43 Stars4.43 Stars4.43 Stars

read more reviews by Mosaic Rhino

Summary

Awesome!!!

The Good

Many of OFP's shortfalls have been fixed, and the diversity of vehicles weapons is stunning. Placing the game in today's world with up to date gear is a wise choice, only adding to the experience. Graphics have been upgraded to a modern standard, and the sounds of war seem like the real thing.

The size of the explorable territory is almost never ending - even when you take a jet ride over the island it takes a long while to cover it all, and when you get down on 2 feet or 4 wheels it takes much MUCH longer!

The Bad

The lack of such a basic ability as jumping is seriously annoying, unprofessional and downright silly! Been a soldier 3 years myself, I have a good vantage point to judge and this quite disappointing decision!

Also, the AI could have been made better. All NPCs in the game seem to operate in linear paths, as if curves do not exist in the game's world.

Minor glitches with graphics have been seen around the game (even with a strong computer as my own), but they are rare and therefor forgivable.

The Bottom Line

Probably one of the best games I had got to play.