DescriptionIn days of lore, worthy knights sought to become Knights of the Round Table in Camelot. This is the story of Knight Bradwen, a King's illegitimate son, whose half-brother banishes him from his home after the death of their father. Bradwen and his trusty steed set out to regain his lands, his honor and attain his rightful place at the Round Table.
Bradwen's story is told two ways - that of a Christian knight who will seek advice from the likes of Sir Lancelot - or that of a Celtic knight who will be guided by Merlin the Wizard and fairies. You choose which story to play at the beginning of the game by picking a red or white book from its pedestal. Each tale is played completely apart from the other, has different paths and quests, and separate save-game locations.
A historical database is included as a reference tool and includes topics concerning the life of a knight and the history of the times. Your particular story is contained in a journal to which text is added as you progress.
The game features pre-rendered, detailed (but static) backgrounds with animated 3D objects (birds, animals etc.), original music and sound effects. Keyboard keys are used for movement and actions, such as picking up an object or searching a fallen foe. Your mouse is used for menus and conversation. If Bradwen has gained the proper weapon, he will fight enemies automatically simply by clicking on the sword icon. Because a choice can be made whether to talk to or fight a potential foe, you can die if you make the wrong selection.
- "Легенды о рыцарстве" -- Russian title
- "אבירי השולחן העגול: אגדת החרב אקסקליבר" -- Hebrew spelling
- "Ridders van de Ronde Tafel - Hoofdstuk 1: Oorsprong van Excalibur" -- Dutch title
- "Riddarna av det Runda Bordet: Kapitel 1 - Excaliburs Ursprung" -- Swedish Title
- "König Artus: Die Ritter der Tafelrunde" -- German Title
- "King Arthur's Knights: Origins of Excalibur" -- European Title
- "El Rey Arturo. Capítulo 1: los orígenes de la tabla redonda" -- Spanish Title
- "Chevaliers D'Arthur: Chapitre I - Origines D'Excalibur" -- French Title
- "Arthur's Knights: Rycerze Króla Artura" -- Polish Title
Part of the Following Groups
|Visiting Camelot is cool ... but||Jeanne (75601)|
The Press Says
|Adventurespiele||Jun 04, 2005||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 14, 2000||14 out of 20||70|
|PC Player (Germany)||Jan, 2001||59 out of 100||59|
|Game Over Online||Jul 04, 2001||55 out of 100||55|
|Svenska PC Gamer||Feb, 2004||50 out of 100||50|
|PC Games (Germany)||Jan, 2001||34 out of 100||34|
|GameStar (Germany)||Jan, 2001||31 out of 100||31|
|Gamekult||Dec 02, 2000||3 out of 10||30|
|PC Gamer||Oct, 2001||15 out of 100||15|
There are currently no topics for this game.
RatingsThis game appears in Dreamcatcher's 2001 catalog with an entirely different cover. The cover shows an "E" rating (for Everybody) while their originally published cover has a "T" Teen (13+) rating (for violence).
Related Web Sites
- Arthur's Knights - Cryo Interactive (Official website)
- Arthur's Knights-Tales of Chivalry Walkthrough (Solution to Arthur's Knights 1)
- Game Walkthrough (Solution for Arthur's Knights 1)