Ashes to Ashes (Windows)

2.1
Written by  :  Rarsonic Otam (9)
Written on  :  Jan 21, 2006

read more reviews by Rarsonic Otam

Summary

Funny if you want to spend your time in something.

The Good

This game is one of the first having dynamic terrain, so you could go through mountains, cliffs, pits, buildings, etc. Eight landscapes to go and 50 levels to complete I also liked the vehicle system. Is one of the things that kept me on the game. Scout pods ,Falcon cycles and Alien scarabs can go everywhere, despite how high is the terrain. Power suits are cool mech armors that have dual uranium machine guns and you can crush infantry with a Roller-tank (but you can get crushed too by an enemy Roller-tank, adding to the game a little of fear). Also i like the screens that were shown when you got killed. Some of the music is well-made.

The Bad

Bad and repetitive sprites and animation, but that is typical of the first FPS. Also the sound is very repetitive. Controls are very lousy (i do not remember that you could invert the mouse) The fact that this game is just a K.E.T.M (Kill Everything That Moves) and doesn't make a lot of difference of other FPS (at least you do not go through mazes). The fact that the levels just add a bit more to the landscape they belong. Conga riffs!? WHAT THE...!? This makes the game annoying... The game has no multiplayer of any kind.

The Bottom Line

I got hung to that game for weeks, i liked it. But it is no more than just a distraction.

My personal rating:

Graphics: 7/10 Sound: 4/10 Music: 5/10 Gameplay: 8/10 Customability: 1/10 Multiplayer: 0/10 Personal Slant: 8/10 TOTAL: 4.7 (MEDIOCRE)