Assassin's Creed (Director's Cut Edition) (Windows)

Mature
Written by  :  Furiel kay (4)
Written on  :  Aug 10, 2008
Rating  :  3.29 Stars3.29 Stars3.29 Stars3.29 Stars3.29 Stars

read more reviews by Furiel kay

Summary

Gorgeous game, but could've been MUCH better, it could've been a legend

The Good

The graphics are absolutely beautiful, the free movement in a city is very liberating, you can just explore the city for hours. The crowds are realistic, most of what has been promised was delivered. If you ignore the stupid side quests and stick to the main quest, you can smell the feint odor of the genius game this was supposed to be.

The Bad

Besides the charming graphics and the great immersion in the world, the game could've been much better. It seems to me, that they spent 99% of the time developing the game on the looks and the very cool new features never before seen in a game, and spent 1% on the quests. I mean, that you have to do the same ol' stuff in every city to get to your target, which ,after the first, city become VERY dull. The side quests were a joke, killing your target was also a joke... very easy kills, actually , my 4 year old nephew could kill the last boss for Christ's sake. Taking out a target should have been a much harder job, each of them with their unique little dungeons with unique ways to get through them using your UNIQUE ASSASSIN TALENTS, you know, like in the old days, but i guess Ubisoft decided, that the old days suck, they should just take a LEAP OF FAITH and see what happens, well I guess, that they missed the hay cart on this one. Another thing: I don't think they had a speed limit in those days, but i guess they did since every single soldier in the wilderness will chase you , leaving their duties, breaking their battalions to give you a medieval ticket for speeding i.e. ripping you to pieces, if you run past them on your faithful steed. I can't emphasize this enough: The game was supposed to be much better, it Could have been much better.

The Bottom Line

playing AC is like dating a model: Her looks attract you, you play around with her for a while, but then you realize that she's too shallow