Advertising BlurbsPress Release:
- Based on Michael Ende´s novel "The Neverending Story"
- 3D real-time technology allows total navigational freedom
- A variety of challenges await the player in fantastic and surrealistic worlds
- High-quality graphics motivate gamers to meticulously explore each world
- Built-in 1st level navigation tutorial
- Intuitive interface and easy to learn gameplay
ESRB Rating: E
- Windows® 95/98/ME/2000/XP
- Pentium® II (or compatible) 450 MHz [Pentium® III (or compatible) 700 MHz recommended]
- 128 MB RAM (256 MB Recommended)
- 32 MB DirectX® 8.0 Compatible 3D Video Card
- DirectX® 8.0 Compatible Sound Card
- 12x CD-ROM Drive
About The Adventure Company
The Adventure Company, a division of DreamCatcher Interactive, is a leading publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment devoted exclusively to releasing titles geared towards adventure gamers. The Adventure Company is committed to publishing games that deliver maximum value on multiple platforms including the PC, the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, GameCube(R), and Xbox(TM). The Adventure Company is based in Toronto, Canada. Visit the company web site at www.AdventureCompanyGames.com
Contributed by Jeanne (75591) on Apr 20, 2004.
The Adventure Company Ships Auryn Quest’
Toronto, CANADA (June 12, 2002), The Adventure Company (a division of DreamCatcher Interactive) today announced that Auryn Quest, its 3D real-time adventure, is now shipping. Based on Michael Ende's novel "The Neverending Story," this first-person adventure is a true test of wits and courage. As Atreyu (the hero of the novel), players are challenged to save Fantasia by defeating "The Nothing," a force so powerful, it destroys all in its path, leading players on a surreal quest through six different worlds. Each world has various puzzles and thrilling sequences, and each is set in a graphically beautiful, surreal fantasy environment certain to immerse any adventurer.
Entering the game, the player discovers that the Auryn has been stolen. This magical amulet provides power to the ruler of Fantasia, the Childlike Empress. Thus begins the player's quest, at the Temple of a Thousand Doors… With the Auryn's disappearance, Fantasia is threatened to be swallowed by The Nothing. Only the most skillful player will be able to stop The Nothing by finding the Auryn. Only then will Fantasia flourish and once again regain its beauty and magnificence, rewarding brave journeymen with an unequalled graphical experience.
"Auryn Quest is a unique experience that our devoted adventure game audience shouldn't miss," said Richard Wah Kan, CEO of DreamCatcher and The Adventure Company. "Gathering its inspiration from the Michael Ende novel "The Neverending Story," Auryn Quest provides an entertaining game for players of all ages. It is a welcome addition to our 2002 adventure game lineup"
Auryn Quest will be widely available for a MRP/SRP of $19.99.
Key Game Features:
- Based on the novel "The Neverending Story" by Michael Ende
- 3D real-time technology allows you total navigational freedom
- A variety of challenges set in stunningly beautiful environments in fantastic and surrealistic worlds
Contributed by Jeanne (75591) on Jul 18, 2003.
A challenge like never before...The magical Auryn has been stolen. Without the protection of this mystical artifact, the beautiful land of Fantasia is now at risk of being consumed by The Nothing - a force so powerful, it levels and destroys all in its path. Hugh landscapes have already been devastated and others face the same fate, in this neverending battle for power.
Assume the role of Atreyu, the hero of the novel "The Neverending Story," on a quest to save the world of Fantasia from ultimate destruction.
Find and return the Auryn to the Childlike Empress, Fantasia's ruler. Once this is accomplished, Fantasia will reflourish to new beauty and to the magnificence of how it once was.
Auryn Quest will provide an unforgettable experience.
Since the magic Auryn has disappeared, Fantasia threatens to be consumed by The Nothing - a force so powerful, it levels and destroys all in it's path. Hugh landscapes have been devastated or are facing destruction in the neverending battle.
- Inspired by Michael Ende's novel "The Neverending Story."
- An exciting arcade-style action adventure game in 1st person perspective.
- 3D real-time technology allows the player total navigational freedom.
- A variety of puzzles set in different fantasy environments.
- Stunningly beautiful environments immerse the player into fantastic and surrealistic worlds.
Assume the role of Atreyu, a hero on a quest to save the world of Fantasia from destruction. As Atreyu, the hero from the novel "The Neverending Story," start your quest at the Temple of a Thousand Doors. From here, you will enter into six graphically beautiful and richly detailed surrealistic worlds with various puzzles and thrilling arcade sequences, the degrees of difficulty increasing with each task accomplished.
Contributed by Jeanne (75591) on May 08, 2002.