Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal (Windows)

4.2
Written by  :  Horny-Bullant (56)
Written on  :  Nov 24, 2003

read more reviews by Horny-Bullant

Summary

Become a god

The Good

I'm not going to talk about how it is great to go running around Tethyr killing off Bhaalspawn, because that is not the highlight of ToB. The highlight of ToB in my opinion was Watchers Keep which is a HUGE five storied dungeon in which are the hardest enemies you will ever have to fight in the world of Baldur's Gate. And at the end of all that you get the joy of fighting Demogorgon - the prince of demons.

The other 5 levels of the keep are so well planned out that I couldn't believe that these people had made the very unorganized Bg1. If you have got Bg2 and you are looking for a way to get stronger fast then you can go to Watcher's Keep while you are wandering around the world of Amn - so that is another perk of the expansion.

The Bad

I guess I was expecting to much from the expansion pack. I was expecting for there to be more side quests, but really there are only a tiny amount compared to Bg2. But that is really the only thing I have to complain about this great game.

The Bottom Line

If you have played any of the Baldur's gate series then it is a must that you get Bg2 and this expansion along with it.