Less than 60 games needed to complete our goal of 1,500 documented Arcade titles!

Beyond Atlantis II (Windows)

Written by  :  Buuks (179)
Written on  :  Oct 30, 2001
Rating  :  4.67 Stars4.67 Stars4.67 Stars4.67 Stars4.67 Stars

read more reviews by Buuks

Summary

Still the greatest

The Good

This the first Atlantis game I really complete totally. That means the puzzle are much easier than in the previously parts. The good thing about it is that you don't get frustated so fast. But I must say, there are a few puzzles which are stil though. Or that depends on mine intelligence.

Another good thing is the graphics. They are very smooth and looking very real. And the fact that it is all pre-rerenderd, means that you don't use a supercomputer to play this game. But when you compare it with part 2, you'll notice that there aren't much improvements. It is still the same engine. On the other hand, why change something that is allready good.

And the best part of the game is the music. It fits exactly in every location where you are in the game. All of the three mainplaces have its own beautiful music.

The last best part is Chiara Mastroianni. She lend her voice and looks to the main character of the game. And you'll see she is a very beautiful girl.

The Bad

I expect more. In my eyes it was to easy. Also the fact that the story is lineair, so you won't play this one over and over. The story is also very weird, I don't wonder about it that it has cost weeks to write it. But for the rest it is a great game.

The Bottom Line

This is the first game I bought this year and I am very pleased with it. I enjoyed the story, the music, the actress and the puzzles. I recommendend this to anyone, who would like to play a game without shooting, without blood and with a very inlogical story. Atlantis is in my eyes the best puzzle/adventure game ever made.