Advertising BlurbsPrint advertisement - PC Player 06/1998:
A GAME OF ADVENTURE AND DARK MYSTERY
DER INOFFIZIELLE NACHFOLGER DES GRUSELSCHOCKERS „THE RIPPER“
Black DahliaMIT HOLLYWOOD-LEGENDE DENNIS HOPPER!
Als Geheimagent erforscht Du die geheimnisvolle 3D Welt der 40er Jahre, um den Mord an „Black Dahlia“ aufzuklären.
60 aufregende, mystische Rätsel erwarten Dich, Du mußt Dich durch gespenstische Landschaften aus Tod, Täuschung und Geheimnis schlagen.
Ein 8 CD starkes Grafikadventure mit Hollywoodflair (1 CD im DVD-Format).
Der spannende Thriller wird von Filmsequenzen mit über 3 Stunden Länge untermalt.
Die Rollen sind mit professionellen Schauspielern besetzt, angeführt von Dennis Hopper, Teri Garr und Darren Eliker.
Contributed by Patrick Bregger (114939) on Apr 28, 2010.
Three major historical phenomena form the basis for the Black Dahlia story line. Although separated in both time and space, these events were linked by more than simple murder. The methodology, the systematic deliberation involved in these murders, and the lack of common reason fascinates and compels us to look deeper into the forces responsible for these acts.
First, let us examine the reign of terror carried out in Cleveland by America's first modern serial killer. This cunning psychopath, known as the Torso Killer, can be linked to dozens of slayings. Many of his victims were found dismembered and neatly wrapped in newspaper along a stretch of industrial wasteland called Kingsbury Run. He was never apprehended despite an intense--even eerie--manhunt carried out by some of the day's top law enforcement officers, including the famous "Untouchable" Eliot Ness. The killer's activities mysteriously ceased just before the outbreak of World War II, which incidentally is the next major historical event that plays a role in our story.
The rise of fascism in Europe and the incomprehensible defeat of both Poland and France at the hands of Nazi Germany caused many to speculate that the Germans had more than a tactical military advantage over its opponents. To some, this led to a conviction that a network of spies and traitors must have played a significant role in Hitler's victories; to others, it pointed to supernatural aid.
Finally, the third, and in some ways most tragic, piece of history that has inspired our story is the murder of a young actress in Los Angeles, California.
Whatever motives these various historical figures may have had, it is not difficult to draw parallels between them. Our plot ties these events, leading from the barbarous madness of the Torso Killer and the murderer of Elizabeth Short to the architects of the Holocaust who nearly succeeded in plunging our world into a new Dark Age.
* An unprecedented freedom of movement within the game's 3-D-rendered, ultrarealistic, "living" environment
* An intricate, twisting plot line that will keep you guessing right up to the very end
* Over 70 tightly integrated, highly relevant puzzles and thrilling combat sequences will provide challenges for gamers of all tastes
* A truly epic scale that carries the gamer to over 80 locations on two continents over the course of five years
* An exciting cast of professional actors, including Hollywood's Dennis Hopper and Teri Garr
* A story that is derived from history and in which every detail has been painstakingly researched
Contributed by Jeanne (75612) on Mar 27, 2005.
November, 1941. As America braces herself for world war, a vicious serial killer stalks the nation's industrial heartland. Known as the "Torso Killer," this cunning psychopath ritualistically dismembers his victims with chilling precision. Could it be these brutal murders are but one thread in a vast and ancient tapestry of supernatural intrigue? From the streets of Cleveland to war-torn Europe to a Los Angeles flush with victory, Black Dahlia leads the player through an eerie landscape of death, deceit and occult destiny to unravel a time-lost mystery. As Jim Pearson, rookie agent of the U.S. Intelligence service, you must break through the veils of deadly illusion in a desperate attempt to prevent humanity's greatest nightmare from becoming an unspeakable reality.
- A superb storyline inspired by actual events.
- A stunningly rendered, convincingly real 3-Dimensional game world that includes over 70 locations on two continents.
- More than 60 challenging and seamlessly integrated puzzles.
- A unique interface which immerses you in the adventure game experience.
Starring: Dennis Hopper, Teri Garr and Darren Eliker.
Contributed by Trickster (57) on May 12, 2001.