Advertising BlurbsPrint advertisement - PC Player 01/1998:
- Erstmalig: Echtzeit-Storyline-Engine, bei jedem neuen Spiel nimmt die Handlung einen völlig anderen Verlauf.
- Noch nie dagewesene hochauflösende 3D-Echtzeit-Render-Grafik in 16,8 Millionen Farben
- Filmreife, nathlos in das Gameplay integrierte Kameraschwenks
- Revolutionäre künstliche Intelligenz
- über 70 in Echtzeit berechnete Charaktere, die unabhängig voneinander existieren und individuellen Ziele verfolgen
- über 100 Locations, die in Endzeitstimmung des futuristischen Los Angeles zu neuem Leben erwecken
- Blade Runner bietet die aufwendigsten Licht- und Spezialeffekte aller Zeiten
AB JETZT GIBT ES NUR NOCH EIN SPIEL.BLADE RUNNER
Los Angeles, November 2019. Eine Spezialeinheit der Polizei, sogenannte Blade Runner, ist auf der Suche nach Replikanten, die sich illegal auf der Erde befinden. Sie haben den Auftrag diese Replikanten aufzuspüren und aus dem Verkehr zu ziehen. Denn Sie sind Ray McCoy, ein Blade Runner. Doch Vorsicht: Nichts ist, wie es scheint - und nichts scheint, wie es ist.
Ab Dezember im Handel: die original Soundtrack-Remixe der Tyrell Bros.
Contributed by Patrick Bregger (122433) on Apr 25, 2010.
The Adventure Begins as Westwood Studios Ships Blade Runner
Another Gaming Genre is Redefined by the Creators of Some of the Most Popular Computer Games of All Time
Las Vegas, NV, November 14, 1997 -- Setting the standard once again, Westwood Studios today announced the release of Blade Runner, one of the most anxiously-awaited CD-ROM games of all-time and the first real-time adventure game ever created. Incorporating all of the daring, deceit, mystery and intrigue of Ridley Scott's 1982 film of the same name, Blade Runner is now available at retailers worldwide.
"Blade Runner will redefine and revitalize adventure gaming as we know it," said Louis J. Castle, executive vice-president at Westwood Studios. "With our ground-breaking proprietary 3-D technology, exquisite high-resolution graphics and over 70 characters utilizing sophisticated goal-oriented AI, Blade Runner will rejuvenate the adventure genre the way Command & Conquer reinvented strategy gaming."
In Blade Runner, players assume the role of Ray McCoy, a rookie Blade Runner hunting artificial humans known as Replicants. The L.A.P.D. suspects replicant involvement in an animal murder and Ray McCoy is assigned the case. The player must search for clues in over 100 interactive environments that recreate and expand the dark and mysterious culture, characters, and scenery of Los Angeles 2019.
Blade Runner is available for PC's equipped with a IBM or 100% compatible Pentium 90 or higher CPU, 16 MB of RAM, 16 bit SVGA graphics card w/2MB Video RAM, 170 MB of free Hard Drive space, 4X CD ROM or faster, and a Microsoftr compatible mouse. Blade Runner Supports Windows 95 or Windows NT 4.0 (with service pack 3.0 or higher).
Blade Runner is now available at all major software outlets worldwide. The product can also be ordered directly from Westwood via the company's Web site, or by calling 1-800-874-4607.
Virgin Interactive is the exclusive worldwide distributor for all Westwood Studio's products.
# # #
Blade Runner/Westwood Partners is a joint venture between Virgin Interactive Entertainment and the Blade Runner Partnership formed to jointly publish interactive entertainment titles based on rights to the motion picture Blade Runner which are owned by The Blade Runner Partnership.
Westwood Studios is a prominent publisher of best-selling PC, Macintosh and next-generation console games. Formed in 1985, Westwood Studios has released several popular titles including: Dune II, the Lands of Lore series, the Kyrandiar adventure trilogy, Monopoly for the Internet, Blade Runner and the Command & Conquer product line, which has sold over 6 million units worldwide since its debut in 1995.
Contributed by Jeanne (75575) on Apr 28, 2004.
The First Real-Time 3D Adventure
Armed with your investigative skills and the tools of a 21st century BLADE RUNNER(tm), you'll be immersed in a futuristic world that revolutionizes computer gaming, and tests your ability to survive in one of the richest and most atmospheric games ever created for the PC.
Westwood's own True Color Emulation delivers game play and break through lighting and special effects in screen (640 x 480).
Over 70 Real-Time virtual actors pursuing their own agendas that affect your final outcome each time you play.
Real-Time camera movements DURING game play, and Real Time animation with Westwood's own optical motion capture technology.
Contributed by Adam Baratz (1344) on Oct 03, 2001.
LOS ANGELES - NOVEMBER, 2019
Westwood Studios, the company that brought Real-Time to strategy games with
Command & Conquer, brings Real-Time to adventure games with the science
fiction classic, Blade Runner.
Armed with your investigative skills and the tools of the Blade Runner
trade, you'll be immersed in a world that lives and breathes around you
with breakthrough lighting and visual effects. Your ability to survive will
be put to the test in the richest game environment ever created for your PC.
- Immerse youreself in the dark, gritty world of Los Angeles 2019, where you become both the hunter and the hunted
- Four CDs packed with over 100 interactive environments including original movie sets
- Groundbreaking Real-Time story structure creates a unique experience every time you play
- Interact with over 70 motion-captured characters, all with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and their own agendas
- Stunning visuals, as well as atmospheric smoke, fog, fire and rain that affect your character in Real-Time
- Top notch Hollywood talent from the original film including Sean Young, James Hong, Joe Turkel, Brian James and William Sanderson
- Rich, ambient, multi-track audio environment creates an immersive gaming experience
- Includes specially recreated cuts from the original Blade Runner soundtrack
- Continually animating, full screen, high resolution cinematics and game play in millions of emulated colors
- Dramatic camera movements - during gameplay - heighten the Blade Runner experience
- Step into the role of a Blade Runner by utilizing the ESPER photo analysis machine, administering the Voigt-Kampff replicant detection test, flying in a police Spinner and analyzing clues with your Knowledge Integration Assistant (KIA)
- Breakthrough Real-Time lighting, such as directional, color, columetric, attenuated and animating effects
- No hardware acceleration required!
Contributed by robotriot (8637) on Oct 31, 1999.