Blade Runner (Windows)

Written by  :  William Shawn McDonie (1152)
Written on  :  Jul 13, 2001

read more reviews by William Shawn McDonie

Summary

Another game that didn't live up to its potential.

The Good

Blade Runner was one of the most beautiful games I have seen in a while. I was shocked how good it was when I viewed the first crime scene. Plot was terrific, and most of the game had me at the edge of my seat wanting to see more. Overall the music was great and the puzzles had just the right difficulty. Voice acting could have been a little better, but I think that the people that did the acting did the best that they could. (I.E. it would have been better to have well known acting talent do the voiceovers.)

The Bad

....After saying all that what could be wrong? Well the problem is that once you bring up my excitement you have to be able to end the game in a way that leaves me feeling good, Blade Runner didn't do that. At the end the possible outcomes didn't please me at all.

I haven’t seen all the endings yet but the ones that I saw were shocking. I cant really explain why I was shocked without giving away the ending. needless to say I didn't like it. If you know of a few different ways to end the game email me, I would like to know what the other endings were like.

The Bottom Line

Great game, but it never lived up to my expectations.