DescriptionBlazBlue: Calamity Trigger is a 2D fighting game with 12 characters, each with unique personalities, fighting styles and advantages. During the story mode every character has its own story which is told with dialogue between fights. During some of those dialogues the player has to choose between answers which influences the story's ending. Additionally there is a arcade mode (fighting against all characters in a row), score attack and a multiplayer mode.
The fighting system utilizes the usual fighting game options: there are weak, middle and strong attacks. Certain button combinations result in special, character specific attacks. If the player manages to hurt his opponent (or gets hit) a special energy bar fills up. If it is full he can unleash an especially powerful attack. There also is a stamina bar which decreases while blocking: when it is empty the character takes extra damage.
Part of the Following Groups
- BlazBlue series
- Genre: Versus fighting
- Japanese PlayStation 3 game releases with full English support
There are no reviews for this game.
|Jeuxvideo.com||Aug 26, 2010||18 out of 20||90|
|Meristation||Mar 18, 2010||9 out of 10||90|
|PC Games (Germany)||Sep, 2010||89 out of 100||89|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Sep 14, 2010||88 out of 100||88|
|GameStar (Germany)||Aug 17, 2010||83 out of 100||83|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesBlazBlue: Calamity Trigger appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- 2009 – The Fan Service Award
Related Web Sites
- Aksys Game (Game page on US publisher's website)
- BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (European official website (English))
- TrueAchievements achievement guide (The TrueAchievements achievement guide for BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger)
- Wikipedia: BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (article in the open encyclopedia about the game)