DescriptionBob the Builder: Bob's Castle Adventure is a collection of mini-games based on Knights of Can-A-Lot a Bob the Builder TV episode that, at least at the time the game was released, had never been aired but was released on video and DVD.
In the TV episode Bob's dad, also called Bob lands Bob junior and his crew a big job restoring a crumbling castle under his leadership but he's not a very good foreman. After the restoration is complete there's a celebratory medieval pageant.
The game follows similar lines with Bob's dad getting the castle job over the telephone in the opening video sequence. After that Bob and the team roll up to the castle where the castle courtyard is the main menu with a number of hotspots triggering the mini games and activities that eventually unlock the Medieval pageant. The games and activities in this product are.
The first group of games takes place in the castle. In each Bob finds a door and must solve a puzzle to unlock the door.
- Spotting Spiders: Bob cannot get through a castle door because some big scary spiders are hanging in front of it. Luckily the spiders are afraid of the light from Bob's torch. The object of the game is to chase the spiders back into their holes so that Bob can enter the room.
- Stepping Stones: In this game Bob must complete a Simon Says type of puzzle to open the door.
- Hunting Keys: Here Bob open chests to find keys to unlock other chests with the key to the door being in the last chest.
- Robert Fixes Holes: There are holes in the castle walls which must be fixed. The right shaped pieces are available but the holes are occupied by crows. The player must deliver of the building block when the crow files off for a drink.
- Dr Mountfitchett's Flags: In preparation for the pageant bunting is strung from the castle walls but the row of flags is incomplete. The player must select the appropriate flags to complete the pattern
- Pilchard's Lunch Run: Pilchard is the cat and in this Frogger-like mini game he must cross the moat by leaping on logs to collect tins of fish
- Spud's Recycling Run: There's a lot of rubbish in the moat. The player moves Spud into position with the mouse and then clicks on the rubbish when it is in front of him. They must then place the rubbish into the correct recycling bin.
- Make A Maze: In this game the player controls Lofty the crane. Pieces of hedging are delivered and must be placed into their correct position in the maze as indicated by a 'shadow shape'.
- Find A Friend: Bob's friends are lost in the maze, using the mouse and/or the keyboard the player navigates Bob through the maze to his friends and leads them out of the maze
- Run A Race: The player races against three AI characters to reach the centre of the maze
- Bob's Postcard Parade: Here are four postcards but with holes in them. The player can insert the faces of Bob and his friends, or even a picture of themselves, similar to the old seaside attraction.
- Bob's Picture Show: This is a piece of animation of the pageant which ends with a firework display over the castle. The inlay states that there is footage from the TV episode so presumably this is it.
- Bob says 'Good Job!': The player's certificate of completion
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Computer Active||Dec 11, 2003||80|
|7Wolf Magazine||Nov 12, 2003||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.