DescriptionBroken Sword: The Smoking Mirror is the sequel to Circle of Blood and the second game in the Broken Sword series.
The player alternately controls George Stobbart, the protagonist of the first game, and Nicole Collard, the French journalist he met in the first game and who has since become his girlfriend. The game starts with George witnessing the kidnapping of Nicole. This event eventually leads to an investigation into a conspiracy revolving around a forthcoming solar eclipse and the evil Aztec god Tezcatlipoca. The locations visited throughout the game include Paris, Marseilles, London, Quaramonte, the jungle, a Caribbean environment, and a zombie island. Certain locations from the previous game make a return.
The game is entirely in 2D and gameplay is in typical point-and-click fashion. The player moves the character around using the mouse, examines the environment, talks to other people, and collect items stored in an inventory. These items need to be used or combined with other items to solve puzzles.
- "断剑2" -- Chinese spelling
- "Сломанный Меч 2: Дымящееся Зеркало " -- Russian spelling
- "Slomannyj Mech 2: Dymjascheesja Zerkalo" -- Russian title
- "Les Chevaliers de Baphomet II: Les Boucliers de Quetzalcoatl" -- French title
- "Circle of Blood II" -- Working title
- "BS2" -- Common abbreviation
- "Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror" -- European title
- "Broken Sword II: Las Fuerzas del Mal" -- Spanish title
- "Broken Sword II: La Profezia dei Maya" -- Italian title
- "Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror" -- GOG.com release title
- "Baphomets Fluch II: Die Spiegel der Finsternis" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
|Adventurespiele||Jun 07, 2005||100|
|Electric Games||1997||95 out of 100||95|
|Playback||2006||9.33 out of 10||93|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Sep, 1997||88 out of 100||88|
|PC Jeux||Aug, 1997||85 out of 100||85|
|PC Joker||Nov, 1997||82 out of 100||82|
|GameTrip.net||Jul 10, 2008||8 out of 10||80|
|Adventure Classic Gaming||Dec 31, 1997||4 out of 5||80|
|GameSpot||Nov 25, 1997||7.9 out of 10||79|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Oct 14, 1997||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- An easter egg in the subway station references Beneath a Steel Sky, an earlier game by the same developers. More information can be found in the tips & tricks section
- If you watch carefully during the intro in Professor Oubier's house you can see a portrait of what looks like the Spanish villa from Circle of Blood.
- PC Player (Germany)
- Issue 01/1998 - Best Adventure in 1997
Related Web Sites
- Broken Sword 2 on Windows XP (As Inferno explains, Smoking Mirror can be played on Windows XP systems.)
- Broken Sword: The Smoking Mirror - FAQs & Guides (Various walkthroughs for this game written by different people)
- Hints for Broken Sword 2 (These hints by Erik Gos will help you solve the game.)
- Revolution's Walkthrough (Full solution on the developer's web site.)
- ScummVM (Get "Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror", as well as many other adventure games, to run on modern systems by using ScummVM, a legal and free program.)
- Walkthrough by Malcolm Schmidt (posted on Gameboomers.com)
- Wikipedia: Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror (Article in the open encyclopedia)