DescriptionEddie Riggs is the world's greatest roadie. When a stage accident causes blood to fall on Eddie's belt buckle, it transports him back in time to an epic age of heavy metal. There Eddie must fight his way through the hordes of the demon Emperor Doviculus to free humanity.
Brütal Legend is set in a free-roaming world inspired by heavy metal album covers, with the primary mode of transportation around the world being Eddie's car "The Deuce" (AKA "The Druid Plow"). Combat is mostly basic hack-and-slash, alternatively attacking with either Eddie's axe or his guitar Clementine. Through Eddie's guitar the power of rock can summon his car, melt enemy's faces, and even raise ancient structures left behind by the Titans. Many of the main missions, and the multiplayer mode, add real-time strategy elements to the mix. During these missions there are fan-geysers on the battlefield that can be harvested by summoning merchandise booths. Fans are spent to create units that can be commanded and even double-teamed with for devastating results. The ultimate goal of most of these missions is to destroy the enemy's stage before they destroy yours.
Upgrades can be purchased for Eddie's combat abilities and his car from The Guardian of Metal at the center of the Earth. The upgrades come in exchange for Fire Tributes that are collected by completing main and side missions, and finding the various collectibles around the landscape.
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Quick Time Events / QTEs
- Middleware: Scaleform GFx SDK
- Physics Engine: Havok
- Protagonist: Musician
There are no reviews for the Windows release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Quarter to Three||Mar 01, 2013||100|
|4Players.de||Feb 27, 2013||85 out of 100||85|
|Armchair Empire, The||May 18, 2013||8.5 out of 10||85|
|GameStar (Germany)||Mar 09, 2013||82 out of 100||82|
|3D Juegos||Mar 01, 2013||8.1 out of 10||81|
|Multiplayer.it||2013||8 out of 10||80|
|Gamers' Temple, The||2013||78 out of 100||78|
|Gaming Age||Mar 12, 2013||B||75|
|Hooked Gamers||Mar 07, 2013||7.5 out of 10||75|
|GameSpot||Mar 01, 2013||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ReferencesIn one of the escort missions, Eddie has to clear the way (which has been blocked off by big stone heads) for the tour bus. Eddie's companion tells him "You have to burn the rope!", to which Eddie replies "Could it really be that easy?". This seems to be a reference to the game You Have to Burn the Rope which, yes, really is that easy.
- 2009 - Best Voice Acting and Dialogue (Editors' Choice)
- 2009 - Best Voice Acting and Dialogue (Readers' Choice)
- 2009 – Best Music of the Year
- 2009 – #2 Most Humorous of the Year
- 2009 – #3 Best Art Design of the Year
- 2009 – #3 Best Story of the Year
- 2009 – #4 Most Humorous Trailer of the Year
- Cheat Code Central
- 2009 - Best Action Game
- G4 (X-Play)
- 2009 - Best New Character (for the main protagonist Eddie Riggs)
- 2009 - Best Art Direction
- 2009 - Best Game We Didn't Give an Award to
- 2009 - Funniest Game (Readers' Vote)
- 2009 - The Award for Best Use of LOLs
- 2009 - The Star-Studded Cast Award
- 2009 - Best Narrative
- Spike TV
- 2009 - Best Voice (for Jack Black's performance as the main protagonist of the game, Eddie Riggs)
Related Web Sites
- Brütal Legend (official website)
- PS3trophies.org (Trophy guide for Brütal Legend)
- Wikipedia: Brütal Legend (article in the open encyclopedia about the game)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Brütal Legend.)