Forums > Game Forums > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare > 1573 images, o_0

MichaelPalin (1414) on 3/2/2008 9:02 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Just finished the game. Now, let's see how many screenshots have I taken for mobygames... 1573, ok, it will take a little bit to choose the best 40, XD

Yearman (29481) on 3/6/2008 9:44 PM · Permalink · Report

Windows screenshots?

xroox (3895) on 3/7/2008 2:03 AM · Permalink · Report

That's insane! :O

MichaelPalin (1414) on 3/7/2008 8:30 AM · Permalink · Report

Yes, it's for Windows and yes, I know what you are thinking. I have stopped worrying about games that already have screenshots. From now on, every time I play a game, I going to take plenty of screenshots from it (10 times "plenty" if there is an in-game button to do so) and, when I finish it, I'll see if the ones already posted are good or not. If they aren't, I'll take the more useful ones, write some useful comments and then send them all as a coherent set with quality graphics (1680x1050 and stuff high). I've done it with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (it's pending approval, you can check if you are an approver) and I'm doing it with Penumbra: Black Plague and CoD4. Sadly, I think both games may already have a good set (have to check), but, depending on the game, it's not to problematic to push a button once in a while.

The reason to do this is because it sucks to see the usual random set of low quality photos of the first level that many people submit as soon as the game is out: example. And I'm not going to screw a game experience just to be the first submitting screens.

DJP Mom (11333) on 3/7/2008 2:54 AM · Permalink · Report

There are 31 on file already, if you are talking about Windows shots - I would guess there's room for some more for a "big" game like COD4, but 40? I dunno...

Yearman (29481) on 3/7/2008 1:13 PM · Permalink · Report

I think 40 screenshots should be okay for a game like this. Recently there were approved 50 screenshots for the Dreamcast version of Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future.

DJP Mom (11333) on 3/7/2008 1:26 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Yearman wrote--]I think 40 screenshots should be okay for a game like this. Recently there were approved 50 screenshots for the Dreamcast version of Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future. [/Q --end Yearman wrote--] Yes, 40 is probably fine, but we are actually talking about 40 plus the 31 already on file...so, seventy-one?

Yearman (29481) on 3/7/2008 1:37 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DJP Mom wrote--] [Q2 --start Yearman wrote--]I think 40 screenshots should be okay for a game like this. Recently there were approved 50 screenshots for the Dreamcast version of Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future. [/Q2 --end Yearman wrote--] Yes, 40 is probably fine, but we are actually talking about 40 plus the 31 already on file...so, seventy-one? [/Q --end DJP Mom wrote--]

No. I meant a limit of 40 shots per platform.

Edit: I don't know if Palin intends to replace some of the sceenshots.

MichaelPalin (1414) on 3/7/2008 2:56 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Yearman wrote--] Edit: I don't know if Palin intends to replace some of the sceenshots. [/Q --end Yearman wrote--]

I guess not. After watching some of the screenshots, I don't think my work would be better but, if there are only 31, I sure will try for the rest 9 (I miss one with the night vision or the javeline, for instance).