Call of Duty (Windows)

Written by  :  Mattias Kreku (424)
Written on  :  Nov 09, 2003
Rating  :  4.83 Stars4.83 Stars4.83 Stars4.83 Stars4.83 Stars

read more reviews by Mattias Kreku

Summary

A fantastic trip into a horrible world

The Good

This game is unbelievably good when it comes to impressive scenes. It is brimful with memorable moments, beautiful graphics, massive battlescenes and it even boasts a lot of variety. It lets you, as a player, witness the war from three different views (american, british and russian) and you get involved in missions ranging from storming an airfield and then defending it from dive-bombing Stukas, participating in massive army battles that includes machine guns and tanks and you even get to do some snipering in Stalingrad at the end of the game. I personally enjoyed the russian missions the most, but I am sure almost everyone will find something they love about this game.

The Bad

The only problem I found in this game is that it's all scripted. If you die on a mission and have to reload, EVERY solder and every tankwill appear on exactly the same place and the same time as the last try. This way you always know what's going to happen before it happens if you play the same mission more than one time. It also felt a bit short, but I must tell you it was fun while it lasted.

The Bottom Line

A truly cinematic game, simple in its gameplay as most games in the FPS genre, but thoroughly entertaining if a simple but impressive actiongame suits your taste. Highly recommended!