DescriptionChampionship Chess is a single player chess game that allows the player to play against the computer or against other players over the internet, a local network or Auto 232.
The game features include:
- The Chess Tal game engine which finished 10th in 2004 the world chess championships.
- Game save and load.
- Configurable game area.
- Digital or analogue clocks that either count elapsed time or count down.
- Five notation types, coordinates, FIDE: NBRQK, long algebraic, descriptive, and correspondence.
- Six time modes, blitz, infinite, tournament, average, matching time, and exact time.
- Fifty settings for the strength of the computer opposition.
- Specific games can be set up.
- Games can be imported if in Portable Game Notation (PGN).
- The player can determine the size of the main and pawn hash tables, these are internal tables that the game uses to ‘remember’ moves it has already analysed.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Selectsoft Chess" -- Used in game documentation
- "Classic Tal Chess" -- AI Factory's name for the game
- "Chess Tal Classic" -- Alternate title
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.